Sr / Director Research Informatics
Odyssey Therapeutics is propelling drug development beyond what is now possible to deliver medicines that address critical needs of patients with inflammatory diseases and cancer. We achieve unprecedented speed and efficiency by bringing together a target-centric approach, a toolbox of cutting-edge technologies, and a team of accomplished, world-class drug hunters. By reimagining the drug development process, we are creating a deep and broad drug pipeline that holds the potential to transform human health.
Job Title: Data Science Overall Scientific and Research Informatics Lead
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full-Time Onsite
Department: Data Sciences and Research Informatics
We are in search of a principal architect of a connected Discovery data infrastructure, integrating all biological data at Odyssey. This role is significant, encompassing thought leadership in data structures, metadata attribution, interoperability of various data types, and the governance of our electronic records. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Odyssey’s IT team, ensure compliance, partner with external vendors for solutions, and lead a dedicated team to maintain and enhance the Discovery data backbone.
- Plan, design, and oversee the infrastructure to support our data capabilities.
- Initiate and manage ML-compatible data lakes.
- Implement data pipes among applications and warehouses.
- Establish data access and governance policies for biology data.
- Ensure the interoperability of a dynamic data environment.
- Drive cloud-based solutions for data storage and formation of data lakes.
- Connect with scientific data generated both in-house and through partners.
- Understand and leverage data requirements for the continuous training and deployment of ML models.
- Act as the bridge between scientists, IT professionals, and management teams, translating requirements and insights across these groups.
- 5-10 years of experience in pharma/biotech data management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the pharma/biotech R&D process.
- Proven ability to design and implement modern database architecture and infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions and data lake formations.
- Familiarity with the data needs for ML models.
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise between scientists, IT professionals, and management teams.
- Past involvement in planning for high-performance compute needs.
- Experience with ELN/LIMS and its underlying data governance model.
- Track record of implementing enterprise-wide data management systems.