Sr. Lead/Director, Strategic Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit's diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We've built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures.
This role will focus on building and managing deep relationships with Nova Credit's key strategic channel and technology partners, who co-sell, refer, and integrate our products and services to customers as a part of an integrated solution. The role will require a mix of strategic program management, consultative business development, and deal-closing experience. We're seeking someone who can successfully navigate complex organizations to build key sales relationships and fuel exponential revenue growth. Naturally, the role will be cross-functional, working closely with Nova Credit's sales, marketing, product, finance, and legal teams.
This is a full-time role reporting directly to our GM of Cash Atlas Solutions.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Understand Nova Credit’s value, business model, and products
- Begin familiarizing yourself with existing partners and the partnership team’s annual and quarterly goals
- Dive into partnership strategy, end-to-end life cycle, and partners’ impact on products
- Meet with internal experts to discuss their primary area of product focus: product, data & analytics, legal, international, customer success,and other cross-functional teams
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL:
- Lead a portfolio of GTM partners, driving alignment with that portfolio to support Nova Credit’s business growth
- Identify operational gaps within our partnerships and improve our operation efficiency with them
- Review and analyze partnership fundamentals and identify areas of opportunity for improvement
- Conduct market research to support partnership scoping and prepare partnership development materials
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL:
- Entirely own key partnerships, acting as the primary manager externally and internally
- Routinely stay abreast of relevant market and regulatory changes that might impact our approach to partnerships
- Lead internal stakeholders through partnership development, including legal, product, data & analytics, and engineering
- Develop and implement a refined partnership operation strategy that can be scalable with Nova Credit’s business growth
- Drive cross-functional discussion and decision-making on partnership initiatives to ensure the partnership strategy is entirely in sync with company and product strategies
- 6+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, management consulting, or investment
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, fintech, banking, and data industries (B2B2C even better!)
- You understand sales motivation and incentive alignment
- You’re willing to get into the weeds to get specific deals done while also zooming out to ensure partner strategy execution as a whole
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication skills and relationship-building experience with sales teams, product, legal, and business partners
- Conscientious, creative problem-solver; demonstrated ability to both drive strategy and do hands-on work to get things done
- Passion for enabling underserved consumers
- Empathy, persistence, optimism
- BONUS: Business development experience involving consumer-permissioned data
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.