Customer and Shopper Marketing Associate
Marketing & Communications, Customer Service
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Hello! This is NotCo. We are a group of people united by a very strong purpose.We want you to get to know us, and Giuseppe, our very own artificial intelligence. We are food enthusiasts, but above all, we love the planet. That's why, to protect it, we've removed animals from the equation.Our recipe? It includes three major components: science, technology, and of course, disruptive talents. We work daily to create a better future.At NotCo, we're not aiming to be the perfect company, but the right one. We're here to bring change, which is why we take risks, we fail, and at times, achieve incredible success.We're looking for a Customer & Shopper Marketing Associate, located in the New York Metropolitan Area.As our Customer & Shopper Marketing Associate, you will play a critical role in executing our shopper marketing programs and ensuring the excellence of our sell-in materials to our customers (both Retail and Foodservice). Every day is a little different as you build out the shopper marketing programs, fine-tune the selling story and narrative, and work directly with the sales team to help with their trade and marketing needs.You Will:
- Coordinate all shopper marketing activities (demos, digital offers, coupons, trial programs, in-store programs at retailers, sponsored products/retailer search, etc.) and ensure excellent planning, execution, follow-through and recapping key learnings/opportunities
- Correspond with retailers’ shopper contacts/vendors to find out about available programs and identify the best shopper programs to run for ROI and to accomplish objectives.
- Plan and produce trade shows (Expo West, National Restaurant Show), coordinating with booth vendors, chefs, and NotCo internal teams (sales, R&D) as well as our JV partner. Occasional travel to trade shows is required on a case-by-case basis.
- Assist manager in tracking shopper and trade show budget, ensuring all costs are properly tracked and stay within budget.
- Support the development of and maintain selling materials and narratives for all retailer and food service customers including sell sheets, sales decks, brochures, and anything related to selling to customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the category dynamics at retailers and food service operators (their pain points, their “whys”, their rebuttals, what makes them tick), and build it into our sales & marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with Brand & Innovation team to create an official “training” for each new product launch to educate the sales team on all the ins and outs of the product innovation
- Owner of all GDSN data - determining the correct nomenclature, and classification, defining for new SKUs we are launching, and updating for existing SKUs.
- Own and update 1 World Sync and Syndigo, as well as any customer-specific databasesSelf management and tracking of all requests in a timely manner
- Carry out field visits to ensure the correct execution of the strategies
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a shopper, customer or trade marketing role; You must know how to create marketing programs and collateral understanding customers’ pain points and needs
- Experience in retail and CPG companies. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the grocery retailers (e.g.: Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Walmart, Target, etc). Understanding the food service industry is a plus
- Excellent presentation and deck skills and be able to distill ideas into paper
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Work well in teams and cross-functional groups in a matrixed environment
- Focused on execution with attention to detail, ensuring that all activities are completed regardless of the obstacle
- You are organized and can self-manage multiple simultaneous tasks and programs independently
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment and a proven ability to multitask
- Excel in a start-up environment and excited to create new procedures and processes from scratch, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Be agile, adaptable, and thrive in a dynamic and changing culture
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required