Insurance Product Analyst
Who we are:
Nirvana is on a mission to modernize commercial insurance and enable a safer world. Our technology platform delivers modern insurance & risk management to not only help our customers protect their businesses, but actually improve safety for everyone.
To start, we’re transforming the legacy, $750B+ commercial insurance industry through cutting-edge predictive models using real-time IoT data (~50B connected devices by 2030), automation to deliver instantaneous quotes & faster underwriting, & proactive, and data-driven insights to help customers prevent accidents.
Backed by top-tier VCs including General Catalyst & Lightspeed Ventures, Nirvana became the fastest insurtech EVER to launch in Jan 2022 and crossed >$10M run rate in under 6 months, more than 2x faster than best-in-class insurtechs. Our leadership team has helped scale multi-billion dollar companies from scratch including Samsara, Rubrik, Acko & Flexport, and includes industry veterans from Hiscox, AIG, The Hartford & RLI.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Insurance Product Analyst, who is excited to partner with our product management team in combining best-in-class insurance expertise with modern technology.
In this position you will be responsible for state-level analytical work, creating and implementing unique solutions to business problems across our Commercial Auto market. This role will report to the Head of Insurance Product.
We’re a distributed team spread across the US & India, and offices in San Francisco, CA & Columbus, OH. We’re open to candidates in any location.
What you’ll do:
- Generate and maintain monthly reports and exhibits reflecting growth, retention and profitability metrics
- Assist in development of new products by helping perform compliance review, competitive analysis and building supporting data analysis/exhibits
- Work closely with product to implement rating plan enhancements and coordinate various state filings
- Perform industry level research and monitor competitor filing activity within assigned region
- Collaborate closely with other internal departments to ensure accurate implementation of various projects
- Mentor, formally and informally, by becoming a subject matter expert for analysts across product management and provide basic analytical coaching to less experienced analysts
- Minimum 2 years, typically 3 or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in commercial auto insurance
- Proficient in understanding rate/rule/forms product filings
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, or similar
- Familiar with data analysis software (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, R, etc...)
- Must have good planning, organization, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools, and the commercial insurance business
- Knowledge of insurance concepts and financial metrics, preferred experience with product offerings, business processes and systems as well as how state regulations impact the business
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home friendly
Something looks off?