Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d)
🧑💻 The Role
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team. As a Platform team, we have the mission to build reusable data products amongst our internal stakeholders: the domain engineering teams.
As for you, you will both have the opportunity to own your data initiatives, manage their implementations as a technical leader, and get your hands dirty as an individual contributor.
You’ll have the rare opportunity to work on both greenfield and brownfield data projects within a well-established tech company based in the heart of Berlin
Some challenges we are solving on a daily basis (the fun part) 💻
- Re-architect our data & analytics infrastructure
- Design data models and optimize data pipelines to ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of our data services
- Modernize our cloud data warehouse
- Ship new analytics data products (including but not limited to machine learning and causal inference)
- Strengthen our security, monitoring and deployment processes
- Set further data management technologies and DataOps practices, around cataloging, governance, lineage, and ultimately literacy
How we do engineering 🚀
The Bezos API Mandate is our bible and Martin Fowler is our favorite apostle. All our infrastructure is as code and we have a sharp sense of ownership. Our unwavering commitment to a customer-centric approach is non-negotiable, and our bias for action drives us to constantly strive for improvement.
We understand the importance of respectful disagreements and wholehearted commitment, which defines our culture and approach to work
📚 Your Story
- You have proven experience in designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining systems at scale
- Streaming services (Kafka, PubSub, or similar technologies) are very familiar to you along with data processing flows (Apache Beam, Apache Flink, or similar technologies)
- You are experienced with pipelining and orchestration (Airflow, Kubeflow, or similar technologies)
- You have strong experience with serving analytics/ML-ready data as well as SQL and Python
- You see yourself as a do-er with a problem-solving mindset
- You like to embrace complexity (technology, data, people interaction) with a smile
📕 Our Story
At NewStore, we're on a mission to create a seamless, app-based omnichannel experience that will change the game for innovative retail brands. And guess what? We're doing just that, by empowering brands in 40+ countries to run their entire stores on an iPhone, we're paving the way for a brighter future in retail, where shopping is an effortless, enjoyable experience.
At NewStore, our diversity is our greatest strength. Our team comprises over 40 nationalities, fostering a melting pot of unique perspectives, cultural experiences, and innovative ideas.
Join us in our mission to bring the joy back to retail and be part of a team that is breaking down barriers and creating a brighter future.
🔥 Perks and Benefits
- Time off is a priority - with a generous PTO policy and a culture that encourages you to take it, you can enjoy some much-needed R&R
- If you're looking to grow your skills and knowledge, we've got you covered. With a personal development budget and a supportive environment that values learning, you can take your career to new heights. You’ll have a leadership career path already implemented for you when you join our team.
- Plus, with the option to work fully remote, you have the autonomy to create the work environment that works best for you
- The best part? Our "life-friendly" working hours mean you can have it all - a fulfilling career and a happy life
- And that's not all - as a valued team member, you'll have the opportunity to share in our success with employee stock options and a quarterly bonus based on company goals