Head of Engineering - Data Platform
🧑💻 The Role
By joining the NewStore Data Platform team, you will drive our move to the next level. You will help us grow the company Data Mesh platform that feeds the BI tooling our retailers leverage to take their business decisions Your lead and ability to build a sound strategy will help shape Newstore's approach to provide the best insights to retailers.
That entails partnering with internal stream aligned teams by proposing a customer centric approach to the delivery of highly productised developer tools:
- Kafka ecosystem (including Debezium)
- BigQuery DWHing
- DBT & DBT pipeline templates
- SODA Data quality management
📚 Your Story
You are goal oriented - You prefer to think in terms of outcomes vs outputs. You approach agility as a mindset laser focused on delivering the right stuff right. You measure your team success using crafted Key Results.
You are a Software Engineer at heart - You can foresee the boundaries of a sound consistent solution versus an over engineered self indulgent approach because you understand that agility means delivering small iterations with solid foundations that serve your stakeholders’ interest
You are a problem solver - You bring a proven track of turning difficult challenges like incidents, performance degradations, etc. into a fighting chance for improvement taking only the best from adversity to serve your stakeholders’ best interest.
You know how to evangelise good Data Engineering practices -You master the concepts attached to Data accuracy, completeness, reliability, relevance, and timeliness in every possible language so you can continuously promote them and partner with our stakeholders to maintain best practices.
You nurture good communication channels in order to reinforce trust with your stakeholders - You show a strong appetite for anticipating and collecting our internal stakeholders' needs because you prefer a reliable strategy to a short term tactic.
You learn because you teach - You genuinely care for your people, so in the natural Data biosphere, you nurture your team as a living organism more powerful than the sum of its members. You build your strength from the potential of your team, because you coach and support all your peers in their individual growth, helping them to build a genuine competitive herd mindset.
Both your team health and performance reflect your success as a natural born leader.
You know when to ask for forgiveness instead of permission - In this environment you challenge the status quo in a constructive manner to help the team adopt new points of view.
You speak fluent Data - SQL is your second language. You know how to analyse query plans and optimise queries for scale using your algorithmic mind. You are a wizard who can spell the five fundamental data quality attributes and you know their hidden semantics.
You have a strong sense of humour
📕 Our Story
At NewStore, we're on a mission to create a seamless, app-based omnichannel experience that will change the game for innovative retail brands. And guess what? We're doing just that, by empowering brands in 40+ countries to run their entire stores on an iPhone, we're paving the way for a brighter future in retail, where shopping is an effortless, enjoyable experience.
At NewStore, our diversity is our greatest strength. Our team comprises over 40 nationalities, fostering a melting pot of unique perspectives, cultural experiences, and innovative ideas.
Join us in our mission to bring the joy back to retail and be part of a team that is breaking down barriers and creating a brighter future
🔥 Perks and Benefits
- Time off is a priority - with a generous PTO policy and a culture that encourages you to take it, you can enjoy some much-needed R&R
- You will have a leadership career path already implemented when you join the team
- If you're looking to grow your skills and knowledge, we've got you covered. With a personal development budget and a supportive environment that values learning, you can take your career to new heights.
- Plus, with the option to work fully remote, you have the autonomy to create the work environment that works best for you
- The best part? Our "life-friendly" working hours mean you can have it all - a fulfilling career and a happy life
- And that's not all - as a valued team member, you'll have the opportunity to share in our success with employee stock options and a quarterly bonus based on company goals
If you're ready to join a team where you can bring your A-game, let's talk!
Something looks off?