Senior Revenue Accountant - Boston
NewStore works with retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Our modular, mobile-first platform includes POS, OMS, Clienteling, Inventory, and Native Consumer Apps, designed to create amazing shopping experiences that store associates and consumers love. Today, we’re working with brands like Birkenstock, Burton Snowboards, GANNI, G-Star Raw, Marine Layer, UNTUCKit, Vince, and more. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
Follow Your Passion
NewStore is looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our global Accounting and Finance reporting to the Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. In this position, the candidate will oversee the recognition of revenue to ensure proper statement and consistent interpretation and compliant application of US GAAP and Company policy. The candidate will support back end operations for revenue transactions, such as billings, collections and commissions, while also providing business analysis and internal reporting for Senior Management.
- Ensure revenue recognition for the Company's various revenue streams (SaaS, PS) are in accordance with the company's policy and revenue recognition accounting standard ASC 606
- Provide contract review summaries for non-standard complex transactions (for internal and audit purposes)
- Drive and support the month end close process under U.S. GAAP, including preparing and reviewing relevant journal entries and performing balance sheet account reconciliations revenue, commissions and cost of good sold accounting
- Perform account analysis on period over period account fluctuations.
- Own the billing and collections process, communicating with customers on past due balances, tracking DSOs and working with FP&A to forecast cash balances
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects to promote more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage the commission tool and partner with Sales Op to ensure accurate calculation of commissions payment
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns to maintain state and country compliance
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Support the external audit firm with interim and year-end audit requests and with other ongoing audit requirements.
- Conduct technical accounting research.
- Perform ad hoc finance projects at direction of Accounting Leadership
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting related roles.
- CPA and public accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Technology and SaaS industry experience, strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities required; experience with ERP tools a plus (i.e. NetSuite)
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines for ongoing tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify errors and root causes of errors, and develop workable solutions or alternatives to avoid errors going forward.
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools and manage projects to promote system improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and coaching staff strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels and departments.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401(k)
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity to travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy
Something looks off?