Learning Partner, Leadership Development, Fixed Term Contract
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our People Team:
We’re looking for a motivating Learning and Development professional to join our Customer Operations people team at Monzo. Customer Operations is now a 2000+ strong team within the UK. The Learning and Development Partner will design and deliver leadership development programmes supporting the development and continuous growth of our leaders across Monzo.
What you’ll be doing:
As an experienced Learning and Development Partner you’ll bring a dynamic and innovative approach to the design and delivery of impactful leadership development programmes. You will be taking a hands-on role to help us continue to build and foster the growth and effectiveness of a strong leadership community at Monzo.
- Your day to day will be heavily focused on facilitating engaging with Managers (in our London office) as well as hosting virtual sessions for our leadership community across Monzo.
- You’ll guide leaders by enhancing their strategic thinking, decision-making and team management bringing to life the latest trends and innovations in leadership development.
- You’ll actively support our Senior Learning and Development Lead to undertake effective programme coordination and administrative management.
- Proactively coordinate and maintain relationships with internal partners and leaders at all levels at Monzo.
- Collate data from evaluation surveys, providing analysis to stakeholders and making suggestions to continuously improve learning outcomes.
- Utilise industry insights and best practices you’ll create engaging and relevant content that enhances leadership skills and capabilities.
You should apply if:
- You have excellent facilitation skills - you’ll have facilitated in-person and virtual sessions on behavioural and leadership topics, and have the ability to coach and mentor participants
- You’ve designed, developed and delivered impactful learning experiences for a variety of audiences - you’ll have experience across the complete learning cycle, from design to delivery and evaluation.
- You’ve planned, scoped and implemented large scale projects or change initiatives. You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to make delivery happen.
- Project management and change management experience is a must
- You have strong attention to detail and organisational skills - You can be across and lead many details and logistics that make a training event successful, and a great experience for attendees.
- You’re able to manage and influence a variety of stakeholders - you’ll be well-used to working with all types of people, talking 1 to 1, engaging with a large audience or influencing stakeholders at different levels.
- You’re data drive and love measuring your impact through real goals and outcome based thinking, metrics and KPIs to demonstrate real results for individuals, teams and Monzo.
- Relevant qualifications / accreditation in organisational development, leadership or related fields are a big plus!
- You have fluency in MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools and the ability to adapt to learn new systems and processes
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Application process
- Call with the Hiring team
- 3 stage interview process with the leadership team
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your hiring process, but if you do have any specific questions before this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also use that email to let us know if there's anything we can do to make your application process easier for you, because of disability, neurodiversity or any other personal reason.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £70,000 - £85,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.