Senior Tax Manager (18 month fixed term contract)
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the role:
We're looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Corporation Tax Compliance and Reporting Senior Manager on a 16 month fixed-term contract to support the Tax team at Monzo, and our wider Finance team.
You’ll be joining our Tax Team consisting of our Head of Tax, Senior Employment Tax Manager and VAT Manager, and will be reporting into our Head of Tax. You’ll be our Corporation Tax specialist, owning all Corporation Tax compliance and reporting, both in the UK and the US.
You’ll own our Corporation Tax compliance and reporting processes and controls, including:
- Owning our Corporation Tax compliance and reporting processes and controls, including:
- Leading the fulfilment of all of our UK compliance obligations for Corporation Tax, including all tax payments and filings
- Owning our R&D tax credit claim process, and our transfer pricing policy and procedures (both with external advisor support)
- Owning our tax year end reporting processes, including the provision of the tax note for the annual report
- Ensuring we’re fully compliant with our obligations under the Senior Accounting Officer regime, and the Corporate Criminal Offence
- Working with external advisors to ensure full compliance with all US tax filings
You’ll also own the design and implementation of new processes required by Monzo due to recent growth. This will include QIPs, ETR forecasting, Country by Country Reporting, and enhanced transfer pricing documentation.
Finally, you’ll assist the business with Corporation Tax advice on an adhoc basis. For example, you’ll provide Corporation Tax advice on the treatment of new treasury products, or new markets.
You should apply if:
- You’re a qualified accountant and/or qualified tax advisor
- You have significant experience working in both UK Corporation Tax compliance and reporting (US tax experience is a bonus, but not a requirement!)
- You’re comfortable working relatively autonomously
- You’re energetic and are hands-on with your work, tackling whatever needs doing to make things happen
- You have an eye for detail and enjoy working methodically through processes
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Phone call with recruiter
- Video call with hiring manager (30 min)
- Video call - role specific & technical areas (45 min)
- Monzo behavioural interview (45 mins)
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £85,000 - £98,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London or Cardiff office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London/Cardiff).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.