Senior Audit Manager, Fixed Term Contract
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been confusing, complex and not designed with customers in mind.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving customers' problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our team:
Our Internal Audit team is growing. We’re looking for a Senior Internal Audit Manager to lead audits across a broad portfolio – People, Operations, Commercial, Legal and Board Governance. You’ll be part of and work closely with a wider team that also covers Platform, Security and Data.
Internal Audit forms the third line of defence. Our job is to assess Monzo’s system of internal controls, provide assurance and insights about them, and help Monzo to grow safely. If you’re an experienced auditor looking to work in a fast paced and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Completing risk assessments, making sure it remains accurate as Monzo continues to evolve.
- Creating a flexible audit plan that covers People, Operations, Commercial, Legal and Board Governance.
- Delivering against the audit plan, either personally or with support from the wider team or a co-sourced provider.
- Writing audit reports that add value and are insightful, informed by your independent view of how effectively key risks are being managed.
- Following up on action plans to make sure issues raised by the third line have been addressed appropriately.
- Performing continuous monitoring and attending key Committees.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders from across the first and second lines of defence.
- Embedding the use of data in what we do, and how we do things.
- Making sure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
You should apply if you:
- Are a self-starter who can approach situations with a level of flexibility that allows you to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Have a proven track record of identifying, assessing and evaluating risks and controls – advising stakeholders from a risk perspective, while also understanding the commercial view.
- Have experience of working in financial services or an equally regulated sector.
- Have strong technical knowledge of one or more areas within the audit portfolio – such as operational and technology resilience, third parties, corporate governance and remuneration regulations.
- Have a relevant qualification such as Institute of Internal Auditors Certificate (IIA) or Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP).
- Have a good understanding of IIA standards.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter call (potentially followed by an initial call with a member of the Audit team)
- First stage role specific interview
- Second stage behavioural interview
- Coffee chat
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.