Director of People Partnering
📍London | Hear from the team ✨
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our People Team:
We’re looking for an experienced People leader to collaborate with our senior team across the business to scale our culture and to deliver excellent people outcomes. Monzo is a progressive company that is dedicated to lifting the bar on people experience and creating a high performing and engaging culture. Monzo has a strong reputation for delivering innovative people policies that enable our people to do the best work of their lives.
As People Partner Director you would be part of the People Collective Leadership team and use your experience to influence people policies and processes across the business. You would lead the People Partner team and empower them to deliver solutions for their client groups and to build high trust, rigorous relationships that grow their leaders and their leadership teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting directly into the Chief People Officer and being part of the People Leadership team.
- Providing leadership and management to the People Partners team, currently a team of seven, enabling them to deliver the people outcomes that set Monzo up for success.
- Developing strong relationships, and working closely, with C-Suite across the business to create a robust and equitable approach to the People lifecycle in terms of development, succession, performance, engagement and retention in line with Monzo culture.
- Driving a high performance, high engagement culture in order to achieve the Monzo strategy through our people.
- Leading and influencing change management with cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborating with our Director of D&I to drive systemic change in our organisation through our leadership.
- Analysing and utilising People analytics and metrics to identify gaps and opportunities to best prioritise Partner goals and work.
You should apply if:
- You enjoy building from the ground up and are excited by the chance to make an impact on a fast paced, progressive organisation.
- You have experience building strong, trusting relationships with senior business leaders and are able to flex comfortably between advisor and coach.
- You have experience using people analytics to inform decision making and measure success.
- You have experience managing and leading a team that has a high performance culture.
- Relevant, progressive people experience in recruiting, employee relations, people operations, compensation/benefits, and/or organisational development.
- You have a passion for results and are able to deliver from end to end in a fast paced environment
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills
- You’re comfortable working from the London office a few days a week
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Initial call with the Business Recruiting Lead
- Screening call with the Chief People Officer
- Full hiring loop including multiple interviews with your team, your stakeholders and your peer group
- In person meet with the Chief People Officer
Our average process takes around 6-12 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on *email@example.com*
What’s in it for you:
💰 £Competitive salary ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role will be based in our London office (3 days a week)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.