Risk & Controls Manager, Conduct
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Risk at Monzo:
Like any other regulated bank, we need to make sure we are managing our risks and controls and are fully compliant with our regulation, but at Monzo we want to do so while continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach to launching products. We are looking for a Risk & Controls Manager to help us further embed our conduct risk framework (especially Consumer Duty) across the first line.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the conduct risk governance and oversight meetings - including organising / managing the meetings, pack creation, reviewing inputs, writing commentary, taking minutes, and following up on actions
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting the first line in “business as usual” activities to comply with The Consumer Duty
- Ensure the first line proactively consider and incorporate Consumer Duty requirements in products and features
- Ensure governance-related requirements are met - including documentation and approvals
- Support the first line in developing and improving controls that protect our customer and business needs now and in the future
- Manage and report on the risk and control environment (risks, controls, issues, incidents, remedial actions, etc)
- Manage regulatory and audit deadlines and submissions
- Help innovate and improve on the effectiveness of governance and risk management process to ensure they work for Monzo
- Help embed robust regulatory, conduct, and operational risk practices and culture
- Foster positive and collaborative relationships across the three lines of defence
You should apply if:
- You have experience with embedding conduct risk in the day-to-day
- You have a comprehensive understanding The Consumer Duty and how it practically applies day-to-day, and experience embedding the Duty
- You have experience with organising and managing risk governance meetings / committees, and collating data and writing supporting commentary
- You have considerable risk and control experience with consumer financial products in a regulated environment - including experience with RCSAs, control testing, and issue and action management
- You’re excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way
- You’re resilient and comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment where the day to day job is constantly evolving and changing
- You are able to meet people where they are at, and be the a bridge between internal teams and represent Monzo before auditors and regulators
- You are a self-starter, and able to work independently and make prioritisation decisions
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with a recruiter
- 30 minute video-call call with the hiring manager
- 2 x 60 minute interviews conducted via GoogleMeet
⏳Applications close at 6pm on 21st November
What’s in it for you:
💰 £74,000 - £94,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for training courses and conferences ➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.