Employee Relations Advisor
📍Remote, London or Cardiff | 💰 £33000 - £45000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves. We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our People Team:
The Employee Relations Advisor (referred to as People Advisor internally), works in partnership with others in the People collective to create positive working relationships between Monzo and its people. They support managers to ensure they are skilled to manage various employee relations (ER) issues in their teams, in line with Monzo’s People Policies, applying consistency and fairness throughout.
We are looking for 2 individuals to join due to Monzo's continued growth.
- Provide timely advice to managers to help them resolve ER issues fairly and consistently, in line with Monzo’s People policies and agreed service levels;
- Ensure all formal ER cases are logged and managed accurately in the case management system;
- Develop, communicate and implement Monzo-wide People policies and procedures, and ensure existing policies are fit for purpose and comply with all relevant legislation;
- Proactively analyse and use People data to highlight trends and make suggestions to improve engagement and reduce risk;
- Design, deliver and facilitate relevant ER training to managers;
- Provide note-taking support in formal ER cases, where required;
- Stay up-to-date with legislation changes and industry trends and make recommendations for change where required;
- Support other tasks, projects or initiatives in the People collective, where required.
This may be the role for you if:
- You have experience in managing a caseload of varied and complex ER cases, including sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance, performance and appeals.
- You have a detailed understanding of employment law and ER best practice;
- You’re confident managing conflict and giving advice that others may disagree with;
- You’re able to build strong, trusting relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of seniority;
- You’re highly organised, able to multitask, and comfortable working with changing priorities;
- You’re passionate about providing empathetic, kind people experiences even in the toughest of circumstances;
- You love problem solving and getting to the root of problems in a fair, consistent, and timely manner;
It would also be great, but not essential, if you:
- Have experience working in a fast-paced FinTech or Financial Services business;
- Are CIPD qualified;
- Have experience with Google Suite and Slack
The interview process
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Call with a Recruiter
- 2 interviews over Google Meet with Senior Stakeholders/Manager/People Partners
- Interview with Senior People Manager
Our average process takes around 4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £33000 - £45000 ➕ stock options & benefits
📍This role can be distributed in the UK, or from our London or Cardiff Office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you, your team and your stakeholders
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences. You will be able to use any budget and study leave days towards studying for a relevant qualification, provided you have not already begun the course prior to starting in the role.
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
🤹Due to the nature of the role you may occasionally be required to work at short notice at varying times of day, although this is rare.
🤫You should be comfortable dealing with Highly Confidential and sensitive People data and understand the responsibility that comes with this.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd September at 4pm
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.