Financial Crime Business Banking Investigator
📍Remote, UK | 💰 £24,675 - £27,000 (depending on direct experience) + Benefits
Are you looking to start, or continue building, a career in financial crime prevention? We are looking for proven problem solvers to join our team as a Business Banking Financial Crime Investigator and help us on our mission to make money work for everyone.
As a member of our business banking team financial crime team, you'll spend your time:
- Analysing potentially unusual or suspicious behaviour on business accounts flagged by our transaction monitoring system, and deciding what action (if any) Monzo should take.
- Documenting suspicious activity you identify in your role, and sending it to the National Crime Agency to support them with their investigations.
- Reviewing account applications from new business customers.
- Locking down money that has been obtained through fraud, so that it can be returned to victims.
- Closing business accounts, when this is necessary, and ensuring money is returned to the correct place.
- Responding to escalations about potential financial crime concerns on business accounts.
You should apply if:
- You have experience of handling challenging customer cases in a regulated industry, or have existing operational financial crime experience (in retail or business banking).
- This might mean that you handle difficult complaints, investigate fraud or transaction disputes, make tough customer onboarding decisions, work with customers to build repayment plans, or review potential money laundering concerns.
- We’ll also consider any other relevant experience that would add value in this role.
- You are interested in learning about emerging trends in the world of financial crime.
- You love connecting dots, spotting patterns in data, and independently solving problems.
- You feel confident making difficult, customer-impacting decisions.
- You’re great at explaining complex ideas simply, and have strong written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your own performance.
- You're keen to invest in your personal development and continuous learning - we’ll even support you in signing up for industry-recognised qualifications.
You'll work from home in this role, but you can ask to work from our Cardiff office if you live locally and would prefer to work in an office environment.
The application process consists of three initial application questions (we recommend about 250 words per question but please take your time, we read these carefully!), followed by a 1 hour remote interview.
Shifts - You'll work 37.5 hours per week. This means you'll work Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5:30PM, with a one hour lunch break. You'll also work one full weekend (Saturday and Sunday), once every 5 weeks.
Salary - The starting salary for this role is £24,675 to £27,000, depending on your existing skills and experience.
You will also be able to access a range of other benefits, including the opportunity to purchase shares in Monzo through our options scheme. For more information, please have a look at our dedicated benefits page [https://monzo.com/careers/#benefits].
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.