Senior Data Scientist, Operations
📍Location | UK remote | Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Data Science Team:
We're looking for a Data Scientist for our Operations team excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to work on an area that is the heart of how we enchant our customers and is full of data challenges: from optimising our systems, to experimenting with different app flows and working closely with Ops managers to understand the biggest opportunities for serving our customers.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over four and half million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals. Our Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and either embedded directly in a product squad or working closely with the operations leadership team.
- Guide and enable product teams to measure things that matter; design and analyse A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do; offer actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products and how those insights can inform our product strategy
- Help us understand how we can measure and optimise a system that handles thousands of queries a week. What product improvements can we make? How can we understand if these are impactful?
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves three main stages:
- Initial Call
- Take home task
- Final interview including a case study and collaboration interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.