Regulatory Reporting Senior Manager
📍London | 💰 £80,000 - 110,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Team:
We’re searching for an ambitious, innovative and caring leader to help inspire and develop our Regulatory Reporting team. The role is responsible for the production of all of our capital, liquidity and financial returns, and any other returns the Regulatory Reporting team produces. This includes implementing and embedding any changes to production quickly and safely.
Combining the learnings of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world with your own unique approach, you will lead a high-energy, dynamic workstream to foster open, collaborative, and inclusive working, embrace change, and inspire continuous learning. You will help enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
Your day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Proactively understanding and implementing how Monzo has interpreted the regulatory rules and guidance and ensuring ongoing compliance in the production of returns
- Making sure that the processes and controls in place to support production of returns are of the highest standard and on time
- Managing the people and processes that produce our regulatory reporting
- Reviewing all capital, liquidity and financial regulatory returns and any other returns the Regulatory Reporting team produces
- Overseeing the production and review of all Pillar 3 disclosures
- Working closely with our engineers and data scientists to make sure we have correct and accurate data and timelines consistently met across production
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement throughout and working with stakeholders to make changes that lead to improvement
- Playing a key role in the automation of Monzo’s regulatory reporting, specifically implementation, user acceptance testing (UAT) and maintenance
- Making sure that changes to processes that support regulatory reporting are implemented quickly and safely
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the governance and control framework required for regulatory reporting and expected by our Regulators
- Working with Monzonauts to help them understand regulatory implications of new products and services
You should apply if:
- You have experience managing the production of a wide range of regulatory reporting
- You have experience in the large-scale implementation and testing (UAT) of automated reporting solutions
- You are able to identify areas for improvement, propose dynamic solutions and implement these changes quickly and safely
- You have excellent planning, organisation and time-management skills and are able to manage people on this basis
- You can demonstrate a proven track record of excellent team leadership and coaching skills with the ability to provide empathy and guidance
- You're excited to leverage technology to automate reporting and capital management with a track record of continuous process improvement
- You have a great eye for detail and are numerically astute
- You are self-motivated, ‘hands-on’ and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter call
- Initial call
- Full interview loop
Our average process takes around 4-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £80,000 - 110,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role will be based in our London office but with flexibility to work from home a few days a week
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?