We believe that AI is a net positive force in the world. Our vision and mission are to help rebuild AI infrastructure to advance humanity and our environment. We will do whatever it takes to empower our customers, team, and company to benefit from that pursuit. You can read about our culture and careers here to understand how we work and what we value.
We are owners and advocates for the underlying technologies, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure. These essential building blocks form the high-quality and coherent experiences our users expect. We aim to drive the pace of innovation for every AI/ML developer.
About the role:
Modular is building a next-generation AI infrastructure platform that unifies the many application frameworks and hardware backends, simplifying deployment for AI production teams and accelerating innovation for AI researchers and hardware developers. We are looking for a developer advocate to evangelize Modular’s products with our user base and developer community. This involves creating user guides, writing blog posts, giving talks at conferences, leading workshops, and creating additional educational material. Join our world-leading product team and redefine how AI infrastructure is built and deployed.
LOCATION: Candidates based in the US or Canada are welcome to apply. You can work remotely from home.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with engineering and product to develop high-quality, easy-to-understand tutorials to enable our users to build a strong mental model of our system and quickly start leveraging our products.
- Write blog posts and create other educational content to educate future and current customers about the why and what of Modular products.
- Give talks at conferences and other events to promote the company's products to the larger developer community.
- Engage with our customer base through various channels, such as social media, forums, and online communities.
- Work closely with the development and product teams to provide feedback on Modular’s products from a customer perspective.
- Respond to questions and provide support to customers of Modular products, including some of the world’s largest corporations.
- Participate in the Modular’s larger developer relations, product, and marketing strategies.
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of developer relations experience, or previous experience as a software/AI developer.
- Past experience working on AI infrastructure products and platforms like TensorFlow, PyTorch, TensorRT, CUDA, Triton Inference Server, VertexAI, Sagemaker.
- Experience writing high-quality tutorials, product documentation, blog posts, and other documents targeted for a highly technical audience.
- Experience engaging with the developer community through various channels, such video platforms and online communities.
- Experience giving talks at conferences and other events.
- Strong programming skills, including experience with python and C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts in simple language.
- A passion for staying up to date with industry trends and happenings.
- A growth and leadership mindset, with an attitude that seeks to learn more from our customers, team, and the broader market.
Helpful but not required:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Developed, trained, and/or deployed machine learning models into production environments.
- Have worked in or around startups before or have a strong understanding of the nature of fast-moving, highly dynamic teams.
The estimated base salary range for this role to be performed in the US, regardless of the state, is $198,000.00 - $286,000.00 USD.
The salary for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of permissible, non-discriminatory job-related factors, which include but are not limited to education, training, work experience, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future. The total compensation for a candidate will also include annual target bonus, equity, and benefits, with equity making up a significant portion of your total compensation.
For candidates who fall outside of the listed requirements, we nevertheless encourage you to apply as we may have openings that are lower/higher level than the ones advertised.
What Modular brings to the table:
- Amazing Team. We are a progressive and agile team with some of the industry’s best engineering and product leaders.
- Flexible Location. We want you to work where you are most productive and we are a remote-first company. We have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Seattle, WA for collaboration, and will open more next year.
- World-class Benefits. In order to attract the best, we need to offer the best. Premier insurance plans, up to 5% 401k matching, very generous WFH setup stipends, flexible paid time off, and more are available to you! Please note that specific benefit packages may vary based on your location.
- Competitive Compensation. We offer very strong compensation packages, including stock options. We want people to be focused on their best work and believe in tailoring compensation plans to meet the needs of our workforce.
- Team Building Events. We organize regular team onsites and local meetups in different cities.
Working at Modular will enable you to grow quickly as you work alongside incredibly motivated and talented people who have high standards, possess a growth mindset, and a purpose to truly change the world.
Modular is proud to emphasize an equal opportunity, safe environment for people to do their best work. Modular is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, please let your recruiter know, and we will work with you to meet your needs in compliance with the ADA.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.