Technical Product Marketing Lead
MinIO is the fastest growing object storage company in the world and we are adding to our talented team of SMEs and technical product marketers. It is an extraordinary opportunity that blends pure product marketing with technical evangelism and a marketing engineering mindset.
The role will be fast paced and demanding and will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Content Creation—From blogs to use cases, solution briefs to sales presentation this job is about creating content. This will include presentations, product demos, product data sheets, sales scripts, FAQs, videos and white papers. Add to that competitive positioning and battlecards and you start to get the picture - this is an end to end product marketing role.
- External Communications — Working with the leadership team this role will include analyst briefings, press, public speaking and customer advocacy to participate in public case studies, speaking engagements and webinars.
- Collaboration with the Technical Teams —This role will interact with the CTO, CEO, solutions architecture and engineering teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications as new products are introduced. You will own product demos and have a seat at the table as we determine what to build next.
- Competitive Strategy—You will track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that the company collateral and website accurately reflects the latest, differentiated product positioning.
- Sales/Field Support—You will create sales collateral and work with the training teams on sales enablement. This will include maintaining a collateral library and guide field sales on its use.
- Demo Creation—This role will focus on creating powerful, persuasive demos that the sales teams, leadership and partners can easily execute. This will require some technical chops in addition to a flair for the dramatic.
What You’ll Need To Bring To This Role…
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, marketing engineering, solutions marketing, and/or product management with a focus on software. Kubernetes is a primary filter. Deep knowledge of S3 is a plus. Coming from an appliance vendor is a minus. A deep understanding of core cloud native principles is critical.
- Demonstrated writing skills; skilled at writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer interviews, case studies and white papers. Our first question will be to provide examples of your work. Our second question will be to see your Github page.
- A deep understanding and appreciation for open source. This role is about educating, teaching and inspiring. We believe that in the modern world, the selling/positioning and referencability has taken place before the first conversation. We want our community to learn the MinIO way.
- Experience or expertise with big data analysis, AI, ML and deep learning.
- Experience marketing SaaS solutions. Understanding and articulating value drivers is key.
- Experience and comfort working in a startup environment. Must be willing and able to work in a highly dynamic team environment. We have extraordinary ambition; the role will be demanding but rewarding for the right candidate.
- Strong, analytical thinking and clear, demonstrated oral communication skills to present the content to various sales, engineering and support staff.
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail and quality.
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity with a penchant for driving results.
- Skilled at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Technical undergraduate degree in computer science or related field (or a serious track record in technical roles).