Technical Support Engineer - Singapore
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 9/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 400 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
Menlo Security promises to deliver world-class support. In this role, you will work with our Customer Success team to personalize our customer’s experience. You will learn your client’s business objectives within their technical environment and focus on mitigating risks and resolving any technical issues in their networks. You’re close to the deployment of our cybersecurity solutions – and we need you to recognize risks before they arise. You get a thrill from seeking out complex issues and finding their resolutions. You’ll be working hand in hand with our developers to reproduce the issues you find and develop permanent solutions to prevent them in the future.
- Provide technical support to customers as outlined by the statement of work and industry best practices
- Provide configuration review, troubleshooting and improved standard methodologies to our customers
- Triage support cases, making sure to record, track, and resolve each issue efficiently and proactively
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base for continuous education and prevention
- Collect and retain customer specific documentation in a secure location for ease of troubleshooting
- Review of user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, and manuals
- Travel may be required to customer sites in conjunction with Technical Account Managers for named accounts
- After hours and weekend on-call support may be needed to support maintenance activities
- Recent university graduate or entry-level experience in information security technology
- Basic knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP, HTML, SSL, SSO, and VMware, and technical support or related experience with a strong customer focus
- Knowledge of logging/SIEM environments (i.e. Splunk) and network diagnosis tools (i.e.Wireshark)
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Jira or other CRM tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strength with establishing relationships
- Shown ability to learn cloud security technologies and independently debug security policy, network connectivity and performance issues
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and explain their impact on business
- Manage administration accounts, cloud tenants and policy configurations
- Experience in at least 1 of the following is a plus; Proxy chaining, Firewalls, and/or SAML based authentication
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.
Something looks off?