Senior DevOps Engineer
Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to make complex care journeys simple for patients and clinicians so that care is more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is rapidly growing as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Senior DevOps Engineer.
In this role, you will have the critical responsibility of streamlining CI/CD pipelines, optimizing builds, implementing Infrastructure-as-Code, and ensuring the reliability of the Memora care delivery platform production environment through on-call support and enhanced observability. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate effectively with Memora’s Application Infrastructure, Architecture, Product, QA, and TechOps teams following enterprise SaaS SDLC best practices.
This role will work closely with the cross-functional teams to understand internal and external customer pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement maintainable solutions. Ideal candidates will be driven not only by the problem we are solving but also by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to healthcare - looking to make a significant impact on healthcare delivery. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Maintain and improve our cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure-as-Code to create reproducible and reliable environments.
- Continuously improve observability by implementing effective monitoring, logging, and tracing solutions.
- Enhance alerting mechanisms to proactively identify and address potential issues, prioritizing alert quality and minimizing alert fatigue.
- Develop, implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines to streamline software delivery and follow change control processes.
- Proactively engage with the QA team to help coordinate testing for infrastructure changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate SRE practices into the software development lifecycle.
- Optimize application build performance using caching mechanisms and other performance-enhancing techniques.
- Actively participate in on-call rotations to provide support for production incidents.
- Document processes, configurations, and incident responses to maintain a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Help accurately estimate work and maintain a healthy backlog and roadmap of DevOps-related initiatives in a self-driven way.
- 3+ years experience in building, deploying, and monitoring enterprise-grade multi-tenant SaaS applications on Cloud infrastructure as a DevOps Engineer or in a similar role with SRE responsibilities.
- Strong proficiency in CI/CD tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, Google Cloud Build) and version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Mastery of containerization and orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong experience with observability and APM tooling (e.g. Sumo Logic, Splunk, Sentry, New Relic, Datadog, etc.) including setting up instrumentation of the application code.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. Terraform).
- Experience with on-call rotations and incident response for production environments.
- Experience implementing monitoring, logging, and tracing solutions for improved observability of our HTTP services, single page web applications, databases, and other cloud infrastructure components.
- Experience with scrum methodology.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other quantitative fields or related work experience
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure on GCP.
- Experience monitoring NodeJS applications.
- Experience with NodeJS build systems (e.g. npm, rush, nx, lerna).
- Experience with React build systems (e.g. create-react-app, vite).
- Experience monitoring MongoDB databases.
- Experience monitoring queueing systems and asynchronous task execution frameworks.
- Experience understanding and modifying application code to improve tracing, logging and other observability-related functionality.
- Experience with security tooling in SDLC and Security by Design principles
- Experience with an integration framework (Mirth Connect, Mule ESB, Apache Nifi, Boomi, etc..)
- Experience in health tech
- Experience working at a startup
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise about healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid maternity/paternity leave, bi-annual retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.