Senior Data Engineer
Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to make complex care journeys simple for patients and clinicians so that care is more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is rapidly growing as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Senior Data Engineer.
In this role, you will have the responsibility of driving the architecture, design and development of our data warehouse and analytics solutions, alongside APIs that allow other internal teams to interact with our data. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate effectively with Memora’s Product Management, Engineering, QA, TechOps and business stakeholders.
This role will work closely with the cross-functional teams to understand customer pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement maintainable solutions. Ideal candidates will be driven not only by the problem we are solving but also by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to healthcare - looking to make a significant impact on healthcare delivery. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Collaborate with Technical Lead, fellow engineers, Product Managers, QA, and TechOps to develop, test, secure, iterate, and scale complex data infrastructure, data models, data pipelines, APIs and application backend functionality.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand customer pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement maintainable solutions
- Promote product development best practices, supportability, and code quality, both through leading by example and through mentoring other software engineers
- Manage and pare back technical debts and escalate to Technical Lead and Engineering Manager as needed
- Establish best practices designing, building and maintaining data models.
- Design and develop data models and transformation layers to support reporting, analytics and AI/ML capabilities.
- Develop and maintain solutions to enable self-serve reporting and analytics.
- Build robust, performant ETL/ELT data pipelines.
- Develop data quality monitoring solutions to increase data quality standards and metrics accuracy.
- 3+ years experience in shipping, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-grade software products
- 3+ years of data warehousing / analytics engineering
- 3+ years of data modeling experience
- Expertise writing, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with Data Warehouses (BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with analytical and reporting tools, such as Looker or Tableau
- Inclination toward test-driven development and test automation
- Experience with scrum methodology
- Excels in mentoring junior engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science or other quantitative fields or related work experience
- Understanding of DevOps practices and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, CI / CD, test coverage and automation, branch and release management)
- Experience with security tooling in SDLC and Security by Design principles
- Experience with observability and APM tooling (Sumo Logic, Splunk, Sentry, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience with an integration framework (Mirth Connect, Mule ESB, Apache Nifi, Boomi, etc..)
- Experience with healthcare data interoperability frameworks (FHIR, HL7, CCDA, etc.)
- Experience with healthcare data sources (EHRs, Claims, etc.)
- Experience working at a startup
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise about healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid maternity/paternity leave, bi-annual retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.