Location: NYC (5-day in-office requirement)
- 3+ years of office operations and administration experience
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Commitment to being a consistent and encouraging presence in the office
- Ability to multi-task and project manage in an fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ambition to think creatively and consistently search for ways to improve the site and proactively implement feedback from employees
- Experience managing end-to-end budgets and negotiating vendor contracts
- Sound judgment and ability to proactively find solutions to issues before they arise
- Top notch communication (both verbal and written) skills for both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience planning and managing in-office events
- Proficiency in technology tools including, but not limited to, Mac, Google Suite, A/V equipment, etc.
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Manage all office operations, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining a fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages, coffee, fresh fruit/vegetables, keeping up to date with refreshment orders
- Ordering and replenishing office supplies; keeping track of employees’ needs at their desks and in conference rooms (i.e. chargers, laptop stands, etc.)
- Ensuring maintenance projects are addressed in a timely manner and issues in the office do not persist/prevent employees from being productive
- Manage third party vendors such as cleaning staff, maintenance workers, refreshments suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Stay in communication with building management and relay any issues to them, as well as act as the liaison between them and employees
- Act as the “face” of Melio NY - be the first point of contact for all employees when it comes to in-office needs, events, onboarding, etc.
- Take the lead on in-office events such as team all-hands meetings, site lunches, social hours, and holiday events; assist in the execution of all in-office events such as Global company all-hands and People Team-led events
- Provide a seamless working environment for visitors such as executives, external partners, and employees from other offices; manage all visitors with respect and sensitive meetings with discretion when needed
- Collaborate with the IT team on employee needs and on in-office events as needed
- Manage the budget for the daily activities of the site; forecast budget allocations with the finance team and use/track budgets accordingly
- Handle special projects such as new hire SWAG, security/compliance needs, etc.
- Work remotely with our Denver site to help in-office logistics, maintenance, and vendor relationships run smoothly
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $72K- $85K.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: We offer generous and highly competitive plans with up to 100% employer-paid coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility. Melio accepts job applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please do so directly on our careers page (or if you’re here already, scroll down and apply now!).