Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Hybrid in New York City
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of a program to ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements for Melio Payments, Inc. and its state money transmission licensed affiliate Melio Solutions, Inc. (together “Melio”). This position will require the incumbent to develop and implement the policies and procedures together with appropriate training and second line testing and oversight to ensure Melio achieves its high standards for sound, ethical and fully compliant operations in all aspects of its business.
- 10+ years in a senior compliance role at a regulated financial services company with a track record of building teams and delivering the outcomes described in the summary above. More specifically:
- Development and delivery of comprehensive policies and working with relevant stakeholders to implement policies through appropriate process and procedures
- Development and delivery of training programs
- Development and delivery of second line testing programs to ensure the programs are operating as intended and in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Direct experience in dealing with financial services regulatory authorities across a range of compliance topics and requirements, including participation in examinations, regulatory reviews, and remediation of regulatory findings
- Demonstrated ability to make practical recommendations based on a strong understanding of regulatory expectations and a deep knowledge of industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional lines and to collaborate with stakeholders who need guidance on how to make the shift into a regulatory environment for the first time
- Experience working in an early-stage fintech
- Familiarity with B2B payments and credit card programs
- Familiarity with state money transmission licensing and regulation
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a keen understanding of Melio’s business and internal operations so as to allow close partnership and informed compliance support as described above
- In partnership with legal, product, and risk, provide strategic guidance to the company on how to design, prioritize and execute the work necessary to achieve Melio’s compliance objectives and in the delivery of the product outlined in the qualifications above
- Closely oversee the development and implementation of controls and infrastructure to ensure controls are designed correctly and that execution is in accordance with design
- In partnership with legal, product and risk, provide real time guidance and support to ensure that evolution in product offerings is appropriately vetted, and that the company remains fully compliant over time
About the team:
The Legal and Compliance team provides comprehensive support to Melio for all of its compliance and legal needs. Our team is the source of truth within the company and for outside parties on all legal and regulatory matters.business, commercial, and regulatory needs. This includes the development and implementation of the compliance program as described above, the provision of comprehensive legal services ranging from commercial matters in our dealings with counterparties, internal support on human resources and other matters, and legal support for regulatory and industry rules.
We pride ourselves on being a collaborative team with high energy, high morale, and a sense of fun and excitement for the work that we do. While our roles are hybrid and our team works from home part of the time, we strongly believe good things happen when we get together - so we spend several days in the office every week.
Most of all, we are excited to be part of a dynamic company that is growing fast and doing things the right way. We are proud of our company and we are excited about the future we are building together.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $300K- $340K with an additional bonus component
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.