Head of DevOps
Minimum qualifications to apply for this role:
- 3+ years as DevOps/SRE/Platform engineering manager
- At least 5 years as DevOps Engineer/SRE
- Extensive knowledge of AWS
- Good understanding and knowledge of automation/configuration management systems (Terraform/Cloudformation is an advantage).
- Experience with CI/CD best practices (CirclcCI/Jenkins/Actions)
- Working with version control systems (Git, GitHub).
- Experience with Database management (MySQL, MongoDB (Atlas), DynamoDB)
- Experience configuring and automating monitoring tools (Data Dog preferred)
- Security, Quality, and compliance knowledge
Preferred qualifications (if you have those, we see it as an advantage, but it's not a must)
- Experience with serverless architecture
- Experience in managing managers
How your day is going to look, what will you be doing?
As part of the Platform Engineering area at Melio, you will take a major role in leading the DevOps activities and responsibilities
You will be in charge of enabling over 200 engineers in our serverless infrastructure, helping them develop, build, test, deploy, secure, and monitor their own lambdas
You will manage an awesome team of DevOps engineers specializing in SRE and DevX tools, building infrastructure as code using best practices, tools, and solutions
- Lead a large and growing team of DevOps Engineers
- Work closely with 200+ Engineers at Melio
- Design and deploy scalable, secured, and highly available cloud infrastructure using AWS services
- Continuous improvement of CI/CD processes of the company
- Improve the development cycle and Development Experience (DevX)
- People mentor, and recruit the best DevOps out there
- Provide DevOps solutions to complex architecture challenges
- Empower engineers to be as independent as possible in the serverless world, while also aligning their standards and utilizing the same infrastructure
- Collaborate with development, security, IT, and other technical teams to ensure seamless integration of systems and applications
- Stay current with emerging technologies and best practices in the industry
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the hiring department:
The Engineering department is the backbone of Melio. We provide consultation, support, and designs for technical solutions—supporting our customers and the entire organization. We get involved from the early stage of a project, making the connection between customer needs, and our product design, and then translating these into solutions.