Backend Engineer - Platform Engineering
Minimum qualifications to apply this role:
- +5 years of professional experience as a software engineer in software engineering, architecture and design
- Experience with CI/CD and running cloud-based production environments
- Self-improvement and open culture person, Engineer who loves working with others engineers and affect Melio’s engineering
- Team player who prefers collaboration over working solo
Preferred qualifications (If you have those, we see it as advantage, but it's not a must)
- Experience with Serverless or Microservices architecture
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
Our Platform engineering group is responsible for 2 main areas:
DevOps team - all Melio’s Devops engineers are building the engineers infrastructure and responsible for SRE (site reliability engineering) and DevX (Developer Experience)
Platform Services - Common services that serves Melio’s products (Such as authentication service, file service, Notifications such as emails and SMS sent to users And developers’ common tool, templates and packages
- Each member of our team is an all-around player that influences the product from the overall experience to the development.
- You’ll be using top technologies like Typescript, Node.js, AWS and scalable databases to build a unique experience in the world of B2B payments.
- You should be passionate about engineering and building a product end-to-end, through the design, coding, testing, and deployment phases.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the hiring department:
The Engineering department is the backbone of Melio. We provide consultation, support and designs for technical solutions—supporting our customers and the entire organization. We get involved from the early stage of a project, making the connection between customer needs, our product design, and then translating these into solutions.