Data Product Manager
As a Data Product Manager at Melio, you’ll work closely with the data engineering & data analyst teams to shape and deliver exceptional data products that meet the evolving needs of data consumers. You will have a unique opportunity to make analytics operational, scalable, and highly accessible at Melio to make data-driven decisions and have a significant company-wide impact.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in product management and technical experience with data. Additionally, a proven track record of designing and implementing scalable data solutions.
Minimum qualifications to apply for this role:
- A proven track record of over 4 years in Product Management roles with a strong focus on data products
- Proficiency in data-related technologies and methodologies, including data visualization tools, databases, data warehousing solutions and data modelling
- Data is your second (or first) language. You can read and explain stats and define metrics to anything you want to measure.
- You are a self-starter with a bias to action, and you got the ability to manage complex projects with limited resources and competing priorities
- You can drive collaboration across multiple disciplines - data, R&D, operations, product to name a few.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You’re fluent in English with excellent speaking and writing skills
- BS in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
- Develop and execute a data product roadmap aligned with the company's overall strategy, ensuring that it addresses market needs and leverages our data assets.
- Collaborate with product and data stakeholders to gather requirements needed and define the business as well as technical requirements for new data products and features; write clear and concise product specs, features cards, and other product documentation
- Guide and work closely with data engineering teams throughout the end-to-end development process
- Translate requirements of large data and product initiatives into smaller actionable items
- Define key metrics to track success or prioritize features
- Work with data teams to maintain and enhance data quality, ensuring that data assets are reliable and trustworthy.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the Product Department:
The Product department helps set the product vision and strategy.
We work alongside a diverse team of engineers, designers and data scientists to envision, build, deliver and scale Melio’s product to the right market.
We are user experts and constantly analyze their current and future needs. We define the product roadmap, including features and requirements, and then articulate the business rationale behind it.
The team is responsible for providing the ‘what’ and working with the engineering team to build a successful product.
As part of a product team within a fintech company, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real impact on Melio, its product, and our users and help the company scale.