Technical Product Manager
As a Technical Product Manager at Melio, you'll partner with engineers, DevOps engineers, analysts and other PMs to envision, build and scale one of the fastest growing payments products in the US.
You’ll be the first PM in the Platform Engineering group, leading all efforts to make our developers more efficient, working across the company with all R&D teams and having a significant company-wide impact.
Minimum qualifications to apply this role:
- 2+ years of demonstrated track record launching multiple successful products and features, ideally that are directed towards developers.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer and/or devops
- A plus: Experience with microservices architecture and running cloud-based production environments
- Data is your second (or first) language. You can read and explain stats and define metrics to anything you want to measure.
- You are a self-starter with a bias to action, and you got the ability to manage complex projects with limited resources and competing priorities
- You can drive collaboration across multiple disciplines - data, R&D, operations, product to name a few.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You’re fluent in English with excellent speaking and writing skills
- BS in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
- Build the business case for new products and features through research, competitive analysis and feedback from users and other stakeholders
- Gather qualitative and quantitative insights via data analyses, user interviews and usability studies, with the goal of identifying company’s pain points and opportunities for product enhancements
- Evangelise and lead technical work within the product teams
- Define the business as well as technical requirements for new products and features; write clear and concise product specs, features cards, and other product documentation
- Guide and work closely with engineering teams throughout the end-to-end development process
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the Product department:
The Product department helps set the product vision and strategy.
We work alongside a diverse team of engineers, designers and data scientists to envision, build, deliver and scale Melio’s product to the right market.
We are user experts and constantly analyze their current and future needs. We define the product roadmap, including features and requirements, and then articulate the business rationale behind it.
The team is responsible for providing the ‘what’ and working with the engineering team to build a successful product.
As part of a product team within a fintech company, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real impact on Melio, its product, our users and help the company scale.