Payment Operations Manager
Manager, Payment Operations
Location: Hybrid in New York City or Denver
- 3+ years of operations experience, with 2+ years of direct payment operations experience
- 2+ years managing high-performing teams
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision and running tight processes
- Experience maintaining operational working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Experience working with recovery services such as recollections, disputes & recalls
- Passion for being a manager, with a strong team sense and the ability to work strategically in a hands-on approach
- Knowledge of fintech, AP/AR, and/or B2B strategy
- Experience working on a global team
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- Manage and direct the activities of the domestic and international payment operations ensuring continuous, uninterrupted support from critical third parties.
- Assist team in the daily operations of all recovery services with a focus on gross/net loss and real-time operational metrics
- Lead suspicious activities that include, fraud reporting, loss, disputes, and recovery efforts including ACH, Wire, and push Transaction Recalls
- Collaborate consistently with internal stakeholders, including Risk and compliance, Customer Experience, Legal, Product, GTM, and others to proactively drive performance and manage risk.
- Execute strategies, resolve issues, and provide support on all operational matters regarding payments to drive operational efficiency, continuous improvement, and enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of end-to-end transactional flows for payment channels.
- Keep up to date with industry-accepted best practices for payment processing, understanding current needs and trends, and recommending changes in existing processes as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate technical and/or business issues and solutions, including troubleshooting and coordinating with cross-functional teams in identifying and resolving issues that impact operations and the customer.
- Anticipate emerging risks and mitigate existing risks relative to payment channel operations, prioritize and resolve issues.
About the team:
Melio is a payments company, so who better than the Payment Operations team to perform critical manual escalations of money movement to ensure we collect and deliver those payments; and to be constantly changing with our platform uplift. Payment Operations solves problems. We are a team of payment services and recovery services experts that understand how our banking system works and helps users and engineering when they have complex payment issues. This team focuses on continuous improvement of manual processes to move money in production, project work, automations, recovery of funds within the banking system, tooling and data insights to optimize our impact. POps is a lean, mean, development machine.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated. The annual base salary range for this position is $92,000 - $110,000.
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.