Medicinal Chemistry Summer Internship
Are you a budding scientist with a passion for organic chemistry and eager to delve into the exciting world of drug discovery? As an intern at Maze Therapeutics, you will play a role in the synthesis and characterization of small molecules in our current drug discovery programs. Embark on a 9-week journey and contribute to validating new drug targets for common genetic based diseases., grow professionally, innovate, a begin shaping the trajectory of your scientific career.
At Maze Therapeutics, we believe in the power of innovation to shape the future of healthcare. As a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to unraveling the complexities of human biology, we're on a mission to redefine the possibilities of therapeutic discovery. Our commitment to advancing medical science is matched only by our passion for nurturing the next generation of scientific leaders.
As a summer intern at Maze Therapeutics, you won't just be an observer—you'll be an active participant in groundbreaking research and development. Our internship program is designed to provide hands-on experience, mentorship, and a dynamic learning environment where your ideas can flourish. Join us in our quest to transform the landscape of healthcare through innovation and exploration.
About the Internship
We are seeking a talented future organic chemist to join our medicinal chemistry team for a 9-week internship. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments to synthesize and characterize small molecules aligned with our current drug discovery objectives.
Your Role Includes:
- Synthesizing and characterizing small molecules in support of Maze drug discovery programs with the potential to develop novel synthetic methods.
- Collaborating closely with chemistry team members to conduct laboratory experiments.
- Designing and planning experiments using databases such as SciFinder
- Reporting, summarizing, and presenting your experimental findings to your colleagues in group and department research meetings.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and the intent to earn a degree in chemistry or chemical biology.
- Completed or currently enrolled in at least one semester of college-level organic chemistry coursework with a laboratory component.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to data integrity.
- In office presence five days per week.
The internship is scheduled to commence on June 17, 2024, and will conclude on August 16, 2024 (with potential flexibility in dates).
The expected hourly rate for this role is as follows: