Automation & Compound Management Summer Internship
Welcome to Maze Therapeutics, where innovation meets a passion for improving patients' lives through research, automation, and discovery. We are on the lookout for a dynamic and detail-oriented summer intern to join our Automation and Compound Management team. This is not just an internship; it's an opportunity to contribute to the forefront of scientific excellence and make a lasting impact on the biotech industry.
At Maze Therapeutics, we believe in the power of innovation to shape the future of healthcare. As a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to unraveling the complexities of human biology, we're on a mission to redefine the possibilities of therapeutic discovery. Our commitment to advancing medical science is matched only by our passion for nurturing the next generation of scientific leaders.
As a summer intern at Maze Therapeutics, you won't just be an observer—you'll be an active participant in groundbreaking research and development. Our internship program is designed to provide hands-on experience, mentorship, and a dynamic learning environment where your ideas can flourish. Join us in our quest to transform the landscape of healthcare through innovation and exploration.
About the Internship
As an intern at Maze Therapeutics, your mission will be to enhance our Automation and Compound Management processes. Collaborate with our talented teams to design and implement a quality control system that ensures the integrity of our high-value assets, including Liquid Handlers and compound library microplates. Your dedication to precision and accuracy will be crucial as you verify that automated liquid handlers perform according to the highest standards.
Your Role Includes:
- Implement a robust quality control system to assess the integrity and quality of compounds stored in High Throughput screening plates, ensuring the reliability of our scientific data.
- Develop a fluorescein assay to determine the accuracy and precision of automated liquid handlers, playing a key role in elevating our automation processes.
We're seeking an innovative rising junior or above, currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university, with a major or strong interest in the life sciences. Whether your focus is in Automation Engineering, Bioengineering, Biology, or related fields, this internship is your gateway to the fast-paced world of biotech startups.
- Be motivated by the goal of improving patients' lives through research, automation, discovery, and teamwork.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, working with automation and compound management teams to design and implement cutting-edge processes.
- Embrace new challenges and learn new skills, contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with aseptic technique, wet lab experience, and proficiency in Microsoft Suite programs (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) are essential.
- Ideal, but Not Required: Inventory or sample management experience, as well as process or QC experience, would be ideal but not required.
The internship is scheduled to commence on June 17, 2024, and will conclude on August 16, 2024 (with potential flexibility in dates).
The expected hourly rate for this role is as follows: