Senior Associate, Member Services
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a Payment Operations Associate who will be a critical member of the Payment Operations Team focused on ensuring that collections and reimbursements occur in a timely and accurate manner. This person will play a critical role in monitoring and managing balances and resolving discrepancies for providers and for members.
As a Payment Operations Associate at Maven, you will:
- Review and process complex claims related to Maven’s fertility treatments, procedures and applicable medications, and expenses related to additional paths to parenthood in accordance with company policies and benefits plan designs
- Ensure claims are accurately documents and filed compliantly
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable related to family building services
- Contact providers and patients to facilitate timely and accurate payments and resolve payment disputes
- Develop documentation, reporting, and collecting strategies; this includes maintaining detailed and organized records of claims, collections activities, and correspondence
- Ensure that patients and providers receive detailed, clear and accurate communications regarding claims and collections matters
- Work with other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient reimbursement process
- Stay up-to-date on changes to healthcare regulations and reimbursement policies
- 1-2 years of experience in benefits management or insurance focusing on claims and collections
- Strong understanding of medical billing, coding, insurance claims processing, and revenue cycle management
- Excellent communication skills; this includes written and spoken communication
- Proficient in using relevant software and tools for claims and collection management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $98,000 - $132,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.