Architecture and Design Program Manager
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
We are seeking a highly motivated Design Industry professional to lead and oversee various design-related programs within our organization related to firm engagement and sustainability. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the successful planning, execution, and delivery of design initiatives, ensuring they align with organizational goals and meet or exceed stakeholder expectations. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent project management skills, a deep understanding of design processes, and the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams.
The Program Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring the successful execution of design programs, fostering collaboration across teams, and contributing to the overall success of the organization's design initiatives. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for design and a proven track record in program management, we would love to have you on our team!
This will a remote role looking for people to live in or near major cities in New York, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, or Massachusetts
What you'll Do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define program objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed program plans, outlining timelines, milestones, and resource requirements.
- Ensure alignment of program goals with the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with team members, ensuring a shared understanding of program goals and expectations.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of design programs.
- Manage coordination between cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of marketing projects, event follow-up and any other projects supporting team in market execution.
- Collaborate with team to streamline and optimize program implementation for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, providing regular updates on program progress, challenges, and milestones.
- Facilitate communication between cross-functional teams to ensure quarterly and bi-annual reporting is prepared for internal & external stakeholder delivery.
- Within a defined local market identify and pursue new member groups within the design sector to expand the company's market adoption.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, partners, and industry influencers.
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years experience as an architect or designer, sales or material specialist role within the construction & design industry.
- Strong understanding of design processes and principles.
- Strong understanding of sustainability (climate, social & human health) and its impact on design specifications and trends.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving and exceeding targets.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- An established network of design industry contacts within a major East Coast/Mid-West North American city.
- Engaged with and understand local industry group dynamics in at least one major market.
- Ideal - Degree in Interior Design, business, marketing, or a related field.
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.