Software Engineer, Search
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a dedicated Search Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Search Engineer at Material Bank, you will play a pivotal role in a highly focused group dedicated to enhancing search relevancy, functionality, and recommendation systems for our multinational, multi-language platform.
This role can be based in the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, or Miami.
What you’ll do:
- Implementation focus, active participation in deployments and performance tuning
- Building infrastructure, algorithms, and features that support business objectives and platform goals focused on search, relevancy, data modelling, and personalization
- Create machine-learning-based processes to enrich search data
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Oversee teams cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Spearhead our core services, libraries and other systems, with high leverage across Material Bank and all of Material Technologies
- Develop a first-class ElasticSearch-based search capability to power product and inspirational search
- Write web services in GoLang that cooperate with ES in high-performing composite system
- Collaborating directly with principal engineers to develop high performance systems
- Create a custom control plane for ElasticSearch as a React app that talks to the back end described above
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years strong experience and proven industry proficiency in search engine technologies (Elastic Search, Open Search, Lucene, Sphinx)
- Experience building and tuning recommender systems (heuristics, machine learning, NLP, computer vision, custom embeddings)
- Demonstrable database design and implementation (Postgres SQL, and MySql) skills
- Strong algorithm design and implementation skills, experience with enterprise level proven low latency implementations with performance driven focus, preferred software engineering experience with Golang (Java, Python, C#, R, are also acceptable)
- Degree in computer science or related fields
- Elasticsearch + Golang Experience
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.