Senior Software Engineer, Data
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team, contributing to the development and enhancement of Material Bank's innovative Data Nerve Center. As a key contributor, you will play a pivotal role in developing the data nerve center of Material Bank and driving data excellence within our organization. Your expertise will extend to collaborating on data catalog development, implementing access controls, and integrating with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) pipelines.
This position can be based in the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, or Miami.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to maintaining a unified schema for consistent data representation.
- Participate in the development of a single view and source of truth for the organization.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a comprehensive data catalog.
- Assist in implementing tracking mechanisms for schema changes, data lineage, and metadata tagging.
- Support the implementation of robust access controls to secure data accessibility.
- Contribute to the integration with CI/CD pipelines for efficient updates.
- Participate in the implementation of advanced monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Contribute to enhancing observability features for proactive issue identification.
- Collaborate on the introduction of structured taxonomy and ontology.
- Support adherence to standards for a standardized and organized data classification approach.
- Collaborate on initiatives to consolidate all data efforts under Palladio.
- Participate in streamlining workflows for a cohesive and integrated data environment.
- Support efforts to maintain Palladio as the central hub for data-related activities.
- Contribute to the integration of real-time messaging systems.
- Participate in the realization of real-time logistics capabilities and data insights.
- Support Data Science teams in the creation of custom Large Language Models (LLMs).
- Participate in empowering users to derive insights and ask intuitive questions.
- Support Data Science teams in reducing the effort required for AI model creation.
- Support adherence to industry best practices, contributing to streamlining the model creation process.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5+ Years of experience in Data Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent practical knowledge).
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.