Director of Engineering
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Director of Engineering to develop and implement a comprehensive technology strategy aligned with our business goals and industry trends. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Engineering will be a key leader within Material Bank, responsible for key scaling objectives for the company, bringing innovative solutions to the architecture and design community in ways they have never experienced before. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader looking to grow their experience in a leading technology company in its vertical – with all the challenges that come with being first at scale and scaling globally fast.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated technology leader, experienced with variety of technologies in AWS ecosphere, thrives in a dynamic work environment, and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. Operating at depth will be key to success in this role. You will lead a high performing engineering team, stay on-top of the latest technologies and innovations, and develop and grow through constant learning.
This is a remote position based anywhere in the United States. Most (not all) of your team will be in US East time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and oversee software engineering team ensuring delivery of high-quality software, and providing ongoing guidance and support.
- Mature the existing agile processes in alignment with Product Management, Design and Engineering.
- Develop and maintain a growth plan for Engineering that incorporates requirements from your stakeholders, the product roadmap, scale, operational/customer needs and set business priorities.
- Nurture a culture of transparency, pragmatism, and no ego, while scaling the Engineering organization.
- Deliver on the Roadmap in close collaboration with Product and Design teams.
- Develop, communicate, and implement strategies to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Provide program management support for national/global initiatives as designated.
- Provide leadership and instill a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through mentorship and creating a positive, productive working environment.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience in B2B and AWS technologies
- Ability to translate business goals into effective growth marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experience building, leading and inspiring engineering teams.
- Strong focus on achieving measurable results and meeting/exceeding set goals.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong familiarity with front end and back end technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum
- Hands-on, collaborative working style, with the ability to build relationships and earn trust with multiple teams and key stakeholders quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.