Mark43 is approved to hire in 40 states, including AL, AZ, CA-excluding San Francisco, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our team. We are growing quickly, and you will play a key role on the People Operations team as we build our infrastructure! You will be responsible for helping create and run innovative People Operations initiatives to help employees do their best work. You are thoughtful and genuinely care about people. You are not content to sit around and await instructions, and yet won’t mind a little bit of ambiguity. You’ll want to jump in to contribute to help advance our amazing company culture.
What you can expect to work on
- Taking a lead role in organizing and facilitating an NYC office move.
- Working diligently to create first class remote-work and in-office strategy and experiences for all Mark43 employees.
- Keeping the office orderly and well stocked with food and supplies.
- Coordinate schedules with department heads for on-sites, off-sites and events.
- Ordering breakfasts and lunches for team on-sites and events.
- Oversight of office access for employees and visitors; greeting visitors and creating employee badges.
- Collecting and distributing mail & packages, ensuring that delivery and pickups go smoothly. Assisting with outgoing packages as needed.
- Assisting the People Ops team in maintaining consistent employee records, by inputting changes into various systems.
- Aiding the Operations team in coordinating special events and owning the company calendar.
- Working closely with the People Operations team to provide a stellar onboarding experience.
- Collecting/processing of all required new hire paperwork utilizing our HRIS platform and conducting periodic audits. Process employment verifications for employees.
- Providing information for general employee questions on benefits, policies, operations or facilities, and referring them to appropriate team members as needed.
- Complete other tasks and duties to support People Ops team as needed.
What we expect from you
- This is a hybrid position with, four days in office position (Monday to Thursday) 8 AM to 4 PM ET shift, with some flexibility. There is an expectation to be in-office during team onsites
- 0-2 years experience in HR administration, people operations, talent acquisition, benefits administration, or a related field, or demonstrated interest in human resources/people operations
- Personable and empathetic attitude toward your fellow Mark43 employees, and an interest in being an employee advocate
- Desire to learn, build, contribute to, and maintain People Operations systems and best practices
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Strong research skills
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What you can expect from us
- Helping shape People Operations practices in a growing tech company
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including People Operations, Legal, and Finance, as well as frequent interaction with company executives and founders
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.