Sales Development Representative
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are seeking a passionate and driven individual to join our team as a Sales Development Representative. Prior Public Safety experience is preferred but not required. This SDR role is an opportunity for those who aspire to become a part of the next generation of sales leaders at Mark43. As you enter this position, you will get hands-on training and valuable B2G (Business to Government) sales experience that will help you build a successful career within Mark43 and beyond.
You will hunt for new business within specific territories and qualify inbound inquiries. You will be the first point of contact for prospective customers and will gain experience creating relationships and building a base of contacts that will ultimately drive sales. Your efforts will be critical in contributing to Mark43’s rapid growth.
What you can expect to work on:
- Efficiently converting prospects to qualified leads to opportunities by conducting analyses and handling early qualification calls
- Identifying, crafting, and executing effective lead generation campaigns via multiple channels
- Engaging with customers across agency sizes and types to determine their needs and to find opportunities to fulfill those needs with Mark43’s cloud solutions
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity-based targets
- Managing and improving early prospect experience, from intake to hand-off
- Providing high level solution descriptions and demos
- Providing tactical sales support on high priority opportunities and prospects
- Leveraging best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate lead generation and to maintain a high daily activity
- Professionally communicating with prospects via phone, webcast, and email on a constant basis
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 1+ years in an entry level sales role, managing an inside sales quota; telephone experience preferred
- Demonstrated sales experience prospecting and qualifying leads for SaaS solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Experience with Google Suite Applications
- Experience with or an interest in working with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with a sales prospecting platform (we use Apollo)
- Basic familiarity with cloud based applications
- An interest in GovTech and modernizing the public safety space
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What you can expect from us:
- Career development building front line sales skills for telephone based sales
- Responsibility to make clear contributions to the building of mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with various Mark43 teams, such as Account Executives, Marketing, Communications and Public Policy, and Customer Success
- Opportunities for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
- Gain fluency in enterprise software products and government sales best practices
- Direct support and mentorship from more senior members of the sales team
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission critical software products
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.