Technical Account Manager
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Technical Account Manager
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager with 5+ years of managing technical accounts and working with complex software. You will play a key role in building and developing a scalable account management program. Working closely with our Professional Services, Customer Success, and Sales teams, you will own customer health and develop flexible and creative ways to keep our customers happy. The ideal candidate will have aided in building account management functions from the ground up and has worked at a rapidly growing SaaS company. A prior history of working with RMS/CAD technologies is strongly preferred.
What You’ll Do
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would do:
- Establish a strategic roadmap for the account management function.
- Be an advocate for customers while partnering with the Customer Success team to identify and track customer pain points and drive resolution.
- Provide technical, product, and business knowledge to support the sales process and strengthen customer relationships.
- Meet with Engineering and Product leaders to understand future development and upsell opportunities.
- Employ effective selling strategies to position Mark43 as the leading RMS and CAD provider.
- Align with Delivery teams on customer implementation timelines and payment milestones.
- Provide accurate technical service before and after the point of sale, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Develop internal tracking and briefing processes to establish alignment on account needs.
- Create a strategy for building and executing a renewals program for Mark43’s vast customer base.
- Analyze customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements.
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales.
- Keep track of sales performance metrics.
- Provide developers with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products.
- Report on product performance.
- Visit customers to better understand the value Mark43 delivers to First Responders.
- Gain a clear understanding of the customer roadmap and how it maps directly to the Mark43 product roadmap.
What You’ll Need
- Prior experience providing technical support for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes.
- The ability to address all product-related queries on time.
- Experience training customers to use products effectively.
- To be a tech-savvy professional, able to explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience.
- Capacity to identify solutions to reduce support costs.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Account Manager.
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in digital technologies.
- Familiarity with SaaS and front-end development.
- An ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- Humble, open, and curious. You’re not afraid to ask questions and understand the importance of being an informed leader.
- Passionate, eager, and motivated. You’re dedicated to the mission of improving public safety and excited to overachieve on your goals.
- Relationship builder. You understand that big wins take time and you’re willing to put in the work day in and day out to build a relationship with the customer.
- Inspirational, uplifting, enthusiastic. You’re a leader that will motivate your team and others to successfully achieve their goals.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a target base annual salary of $115,000, plus company stock options, and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a company match.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.