Software Support Analyst - East Coast
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for Software Support Analysts to join our team. In this role you’ll be on the front lines of our customer support efforts, directly interacting with both first responders and civilian staff at public safety agencies in order to improve their experience and understanding of our products. Support team members collaborate with teams across Mark43, and provide valuable insight into the perspective of our users. Qualified candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, a clear and patient style of communication, and a keen mind for problem-solving. Because Mark43 is growing quickly, successful team members will be adaptable to changing team dynamics and processes.
What You’ll Do
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Provided excellent customer support
- Handled requests from customers via email, phone, and chat
- Kept responses within our internal SLA times
- Spent time troubleshooting and replicating software issues
- Escalated issues to our engineering and project management teams
- Assisted in the testing of new features as they are developed
- Continued to learn more about our suite of products in order to maintain a strong working knowledge of them
- Translated product knowledge into solutions for users
- Contributed to our knowledge base (minor article updates, organizational maintenance, etc)
What You’ll Need
We’re looking for Software Support Analysts with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in software support. Mark43’s work has high stakes and involves a complex product suite. We’re always striving to exceed the demands and expectations of our customers, and this team will be on the front line when it comes to creating a great customer experience.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics and skills:
- Humble, open, and curious
- Fearless approach to technology and demonstrated software troubleshooting skills
- A talent for research and information-gathering
- Clear and confident written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of issue tracking systems (Zendesk and/or JIRA preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Working knowledge of both Windows and MacOS
- An interest in GovTech and Public Safety
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- The ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
We are looking to cover Central and Eastern time business hours, 7 days per week - some weekend shifts will be required.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a target base annual salary of $60,000, plus bonus opportunity, company stock options, and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a company match.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.
Something looks off?