Executive Director (NP/MD/DO), Hospital-at-Home
Maribel Health’s mission is to make home the center of the health system. Maribel was created to enable forward thinking health systems to lead as care transitions to the home, including the successful launch and operation of Hospital-at-home (HaH) and other advanced care capabilities. As a technology-enabled operating partner of health systems, we enhance capabilities and integration of existing home and community organizations as a way expand total health system capacity.
Maribel’s unique difference is our people -- a team of clinical leaders, technologists, and operators with a unique depth and breadth of transformational redesign experience, a passion to enable individuals to remain at home, and an industry-changing hospital-at-home model.
About the job
The Maribel Executive Director is a high energy, creative clinician (NP/MD/DO) with a team-based multidisciplinary approach, an action-biased, growth-oriented mindset, and broad relationship skills who has overall responsibility for the clinical, operational, and financial performance for the Hospital-at-home (HaH) program.
The Executive Director builds the relationships necessary for program success and leads the implementation and overall HaH business functions for the HaH program including: oversight of the clinical-operating model, development and implementation of the program, and effective, trusted communications with individual clinicians and system-wide collaborators.
The Executive Director leads day-to-day operations, champions growth, and manages the HaH Governance Committee structure, directly oversees all program workstreams, and is accountable for the program’s overall clinical and financial performance.
Scope of Responsibilities include:
- Leading and driving the execution of the HaH strategic plan, overseeing HaH program implementation and growth plans (in collaboration with health system leadership) and ensuring achievement of key performance metrics.
- Building a high-performance team that exhibits a healthy, “can do” culture.
- The HaH P&L and budget in collaboration with the partner hospital finance team to ensure the program operates within budget parameters.
- Establishing program and staff performance objectives and expectations and overseeing all business, clinical and operational activities to ensure high quality, cost-effective acute care is provided to all patients.
- Managing and partnering with the Director of Clinical Operations for development of the clinical model, clinical operations execution, and patient oversight and monitoring to ensure that all patients receive exceptional care.
- Setting appropriate short- and long-term goals for each program initiative and appropriately forecasting staffing and other resource requirements to establish, and manage within, proforma and operating budgets.
- Developing partnerships and community relationships to ensure HaH program success.
- Developing and implementing HaH initiatives in a manner consistent with Maribel’s and the hospital partner’s values, objectives, standards, and policies, while reinforcing a culture of responsiveness, safety, and multi-disciplinary/multi-agency collaboration, that achieves high performance demonstrating cooperation, performance, and quality.
- Ensuring that key HaH growth metrics (volume, patient experience, health system partner capacity creation, etc.) are achieved and that targets and action plans are established to achieve HaH program and health system strategic priorities.
- Horizon scanning’ and nurturing the concept of HaH with the other stakeholders, with a view to making the business clinically effective, commercially viable, loved by patients and programmatically sustainable.
- In collaboration with the health system partner, expanding the HaH care model with incremental payor relationships and negotiating alternative payment models to leverage the home-based-care delivery service model (SNF-at-home, home care plus, etc.).
- Instituting processes and practices that ensure a superior experience for the patient, caregiver and family and that all patients are treated with compassion, dignity, and respect to inspire patient, provider, and public confidence in the program, health system partner and Maribel.
- Ensuring that HaH services meet all objectives to bring acute hospital care into patients’ homes for the target service catchment area with plans for expansion over time.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with all referring and potentially referring clinicians to ensure engagement and confidence in the HaH program.
- Developing and delivering effective communications about HaH -- the offering, program success stories and more -- to key stakeholders and staff to effectively promote the service at every appropriate opportunity.
- Creating and facilitating effective networks and partnerships, including cross-stakeholder collaboration to develop clinical pathways and operational procedures.
- Definition of program scope, including target-DRG patients, and a phased launch model to ensure HaH success achieving target patient recruitment and patient admission milestones.
- Ensuring effective relationship development, coordination, and communication with all key stakeholders.
- Recruiting, training and mentoring staff to ensure proficiency and capabilities for high performance within the HaH program.
- Recruiting and onboarding staff and providers, including ensuring provider privilege attainment consistent with or exceeding state board and health system standards and facilitating participation in appropriate orientation and training.
- Facilitating the development of clinical, demographic and other targeted criteria for patient care and associated procedures that are appropriate for the community’s capacity and needs.
- Assessing, acquiring, and facilitating supportive technology and associated training such as telehealth, remote monitoring, and remote interfacing with medical records among collaborating organization and the hospital partner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $170,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)