Business Operations Lead
Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
At Luminai we develop technology to reliably migrate and manage enterprise business processes with scalable automation infrastructure, using safe and effective AI. We're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving? High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
About the Role: Roll up your sleeves! We're looking for a Business Operations Lead to assess, deeply understand, and execute a plan to improve, solve, or transform business operation needs at Luminai. This role will be pre-defined to wear many hats and tasked with standing up new competencies within the business – dynamic operators who love to swing for the fences will be right at home.
This is a hybrid position, with an expectation of some set in-office work days each week. Our office is located in San Mateo, CA.
What you'll do:
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement across various functions, including but not limited to finance, customer experience, procurement, and administration.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with teams across Luminai to streamline communication and processes, ensuring a cohesive and integrated approach to business operations.
- Core Initiatives: leader to own core initiatives - this is a true builder role and we’re looking for a dynamic skillset to quickly assess and execute against critical needs. Examples of this might be reimagining our customer success and implementation flows, building out a software + service model to influence hiring and org structure, creating operational rigor in revenue operation, engineering, or business analytics.
Who we're looking for:
- A fearless, resourceful, and proactive leader who thrives on completing complex projects, building relationships, and overseeing details
- Experience in B2B SaaS companies or Tech/Strategy consulting is a major plus.
- You want to make a dent in the universe and build the next generational enterprise company!
- Excited to learn the ins and outs of Luminai as well as specific customer use cases
- Experience managing multiple, complex projects at the same time, while proactively anticipating issues and managing customer expectations
- Exceptional executive presence, user empathy, and stakeholder management skills
- Results-oriented player-coach who can simultaneously work in the weeds while driving high-impact strategic decisions
- Eager and energized by the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up; and a sense of humor is always welcome!
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re excited about building something new and unlocking unexpected and exponential value for customers
Perks & Benefits at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.