QA Engineer Team Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
At Luminai we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving? High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
We're looking for a passionate and skilled QA Engineer Team Lead who wants to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, is excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and is eager to learn and collaborate together.
This is a fully remote position based in Canada, or a hybrid role based in the Bay Area, California.
What you'll do:
- Test Planning and Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and contribute to test planning and strategy development.
- Test Execution: Perform functional, regression, integration, and performance testing on software products and applications.
- Solution Delivery: Use internal tools to build and maintain solutions for customers.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement within the Solutions Engineering team and contribute to the enhancement of QA practices and methodologies.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work directly with customers to gather requirements and understand their automation needs; lead the team with poise, empathy, and confidence
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test cases that align with business objectives and user requirements.
- Work with our India-based Solutions Engineers to test workflows for customers so they’re ready to ship.
- Utilize manual and automated testing techniques to ensure the highest level of test coverage.
- Identify, document, and track defects, and work with development teams to resolve issues promptly.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings with development and product teams.
- Effectively communicate test progress, results, and any roadblocks to project stakeholders.
We deeply value generalist software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, and 1 or more years of team lead/ people management experience
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or in a similar role within the technology industry
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Experience with manual and automated testing of web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to wear many hats / a flexible attitude towards responsibilities and scope
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Collaborative team member: You can easily and readily communicate cross-functionally, with non-technical teams
- Leadership: You want to help shape the culture of the company and help us to build and scale a best-in-class team
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop