Head of Legal
Head of Legal
We usually respond within two weeks
🚀 Mission: Lottie’s mission is to elevate later life for everybody.
👵 Meet Lottie: Please see our careers page for more info about Lottie.
👫 Team: Legal team.
🏷️ Title: Head of Legal
💷 Salary: £80k - £120k
🎁 Benefits: 26 days holiday (+Bank holidays) and a range of other benefits. See here
📈 Equity: We have a generous EMI share scheme that all team members will participate in
💻 Office Policy: Hybrid Remote - 2 core days per week in the office, at Lottie’s HQ
🌍 Location:Old Street, London
🔢 Interview Process: 4 stages (incl. a task). Talent Screen > Hiring Manager Interview > Assessment Interview > Final interview with our Founders. Target time - 2 weeks
🤩 Candidate Experience: Please note with the volume of applicants there may be a delay in response time. The majority of feedback will be given via email and we try our very best to give specific and constructive feedback where possible
A quick intro to Lottie
Lottie is a HealthTech start-up based in London, founded by brother duo, Chris and Will Donnelly. Our mission is to elevate later life for everybody and build the later living sector of the future. To date, Lottie has raised over £25m from leading venture capital funds including Accel (backers of Facebook, Spotify and Slack) and General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb, Deliveroo, Stripe),as well as disruptive tech founders such as Tom Blomfield (Founder & CEO of Monzo Bank).
Lottie launched in August 2021 and today offers three core products, including:
- Lottie’s Marketplace (B2B2C) -A free service that helps families and retirees find the UK’s best care homes and retirement living properties.
- Found by Lottie (B2B) - CRM software mapped to the care and retirement living industries unique customer journey.
- Seniorcare by Lottie (B2B) - The UKs leading eldercare employee benefits platform, helping corporates deliver outstanding eldercare support to their employees.
Since launch, Lottie has gone on to support millions of families navigate the stressful later living system, while helping tens of thousands begin their next chapter in later life care.
Role overview & the opportunity
Having recently completed Lottie’s Series A funding round and scaled to over 500,000 monthly users, we are now looking to hire a hands-on Head of Legal to create and own Lottie’s legal function, as well as to reduce the company’s reliance on external lawyer support for day-to-day legal matters. This individual will work closely with Lottie’s leadership team and on a cross-functional basis. They will be responsible for overseeing all legal matters at Lottie, including, but not limited to, commercial, employee, marketing and product related matters. The individual will be expected to improve and optimise what exists today, but also have the experience and proactiveness to drive forward the company's legal practice. You will be given autonomy in your role from day one, but will equally benefit from the expert knowledge and support from department leads throughout the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and own Lottie’s new legal function, including the creation of company precedents and processes.
- Reviewing and optimising Lottie’s existing legal agreements and policies written by 3rd party solicitors.
- Working with Lottie’s wider commercial and product teams to build customer agreements into a scalable onboarding flow, replacing manual contracts shared via DocuSign.
- Oversee and own all company day-to-day legal practice including contract negotiation, reviewing new supplier agreements and supporting Lottie’s people team in developing future company policies.
- Responsible for managing all 3rd party lawyer relationships including any outsourced legal projects.
- Manage all legal matters relating to future fundraises and/or M&A processes.
- Commercialisation and protection of intellectual property; data licensing and subscriptions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, case law and industry practice and keep clause banks up-to-date.
Who we’re looking for
- You’re qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales.
- You’re commercially-minded, pragmatic and solutions-focussed.
- You are able to be hands-on and to operate as a single function owner, but also want to build and manage a team in the future.
- You’re excited to work on a wide array of legal matters, including big projects and small ticket items.
- You work well cross functionally and can effectively leverage knowledge from other function leaders.
We want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people whilst enabling them to do the best work of their careers. We are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Head of Legal
Already working at Lottie?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.