Software Engineer, Outreach
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
The Identity and Privacy team is a foundational team at Loom responsible for safeguarding privacy and ensuring the organization's secure management of personal data. We seek an experienced and passionate engineer responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining secure and efficient user authentication systems within the organization. They will play a key role in ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of user data by developing and managing authentication processes, protocols, and technologies. Working closely with cross-functional teams, you will enhance the organization's overall security posture and protect user accounts from unauthorized access.
- Design and implement user authentication systems that align with industry best practices and security standards.
- Establish observability and monitoring to detect and respond to authentication-related issues.
- Conduct regular assessments of authentication systems to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate authentication systems into applications, and platforms.
- Display strong ownership and influence over the team's roadmap and, therefore, significantly impact the company's strategy.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and learning environment within the team.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional hands-on software development position.
- Strong understanding of authentication protocols, mechanisms, and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement