Head of Product Design
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Logz.io helps cloud-native businesses monitor and secure their environment. Our Open 360™ Platform turns observability from a high-cost, low-value burden to a high-value, cost-efficient enabler of better business outcomes by combining and extending familiar, powerful and relevant Open Source capabilities across Logs, Metrics and Traces – complemented by security monitoring in the form of cloud-based SIEM.
Now developers and engineers can employ an end-to-end, cloud-native observability stack built on scalable and easy-to-use Open Source using a single UI and unified agent – at a cost that anyone can afford. Our customers unlock proactive troubleshooting, faster product delivery and a fully supported SaaS observability platform, all while compounding efficiencies in time and cost.
The Opportunity: We are looking for a Head of Product Design to define the UX strategy and the Open360TM platform, lead our product design team, and drive execution. We seek a leader who will play a significant, hands-on role within our multidisciplinary development squads as the product design expert. In this role, you will inspire, mentor, and guide the design team. You will collaborate with senior leaders and product and engineering teams to pursue a forward-thinking, innovative product experience that our customers will love. This position is a key part of our platform's growth, and we are looking for someone with prior experience building SaaS data solutions who can hit the ground running.
What you’ll do:
- Represent the user and the business needs, understand the technical requirements and constraints, recognize our vision and unique values, and connect all these elements into one holistic and effective design strategy and vision.
- Take the product design strategy and vision to action by setting product and usability goals and making them happen.
- Build and lead your team to excellence by guiding them and constantly making them better.
- Execute hands-on end-to-end design from high level to detailed and pixel-perfect execution.
- Answer business and product questions through user and stakeholder interviews, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers.
Our ideal colleague:
- Must have substantial experience in defining and leading product design strategies for complex data products or business analytics solutions.
- Must be comfortable collaborating with engineering and product management to determine and negotiate trade-off options.
- Is an expert in all areas of product design (information architecture, interaction design, prototype engineering, content, and user experience).
- Has the ability to execute strategy collaboratively with other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Has effective communication skills and the ability to present and evangelize UX ideas with clarity and passion, receive feedback with open-mindedness, establish buy-in, and build consensus.
- Has a high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, and problem-solving ability.
- Is technical and has a fair understanding of development and/or DevOps practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or equivalent design-related experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional UX designer.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a software product design team.
- A great digital portfolio or samples of projects can help us gain insight into your work and the work you've successfully led to completion.
Please add your portfolio to along with your CV
Logz.io’s Culture At Our Core: Companies with strong cultures & values are companies that win which is why at Logz.io we keep it simple with our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Obsess Over Customers
- Act With Courage
- Win As A Team
- Deliver Results
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
If this sounds like you, please join our team!