Tier 1 Support Engineer
Software Engineering, Customer Service
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Logz.io helps cloud-native businesses monitor and secure their environment. Our Open 360™ Platform turns observability from a high-cost, low-value burden to a high-value, cost-efficient enabler of better business outcomes by combining and extending familiar, powerful and relevant Open Source capabilities across Logs, Metrics and Traces – complemented by security monitoring in the form of cloud-based SIEM.
Now developers and engineers can employ an end-to-end, cloud-native observability stack built on scalable and easy-to-use Open Source using a single UI and unified agent – at a cost that anyone can afford. Our customers unlock proactive troubleshooting, faster product delivery and a fully supported SaaS observability platform, all while compounding efficiencies in time and cost.
Let’s make machine data meaningful, together! Logz.io provides the world’s most popular open-source log analysis (Open-Search), infrastructure monitoring (Prometheus / Grafana), SIEM, and distributed tracing (Jaeger) platform, as a simple, fast, secure and scalable service on the cloud.We are looking for a bright Tier-1 Support Engineer to provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via chat, email, and other channels as required.
- We obsess about our customers. Establish and maintain customer loyalty by providing support above and beyond their expectations.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported, see problems through to resolution and escalate irregular events to Tier 2 Support engineers.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Use tools and troubleshooting techniques and exercise good judgment in decision-making in order to routinely deliver exceptional customer support and overall experience at all times.
- Educate and assist other departments within Logz.io regarding systems, tools, processes, and customers’ requests resolution.
- Create documentation in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles.
- At least 2 years of experience in Customer Care/Technical Support or equivalent.
- Love technology, curiosity about new products and approaches, a get-to-know-how-it-works attitude.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with technical personnel.
- Self-motivated, proactive approach and ability to work well with little direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills and a knack for troubleshooting.
- Thrives under pressure. Able to manage your time efficiently.
- Ability to cover on-call during weekends.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on quality of result.
- Work experience in enterprise technical support - a plus.
- Knowledge in Linux systems, utilities and scripting is a plus.
Logz.io’s Culture At Our Core: Companies with strong cultures & values are companies that win which is why at Logz.io we keep it simple with our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Obsess Over Customers
- Act With Courage
- Win As A Team
- Deliver Results
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
If this sounds like you, please join our team!