Applied Machine Learning Scientist III
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
Summary of Position
Join the Data Science team at Teladoc Health and be part of an exciting machine learning initiative. As an Applied Machine Learning Scientist III, you will collaborate with leading machine learning scientists and marketing teams to create scalable data processing and machine learning pipelines that drive Teladoc Health’s business success.
Your role presents an incredible opportunity to apply technical excellence to real-world business challenges. You will engineer, deploy, measure, and iterate ML in production using the latest tools and algorithms. With your contributions, you will help Teladoc Health achieve its vision and continue to lead the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, explore, and prototype advanced ML algorithms to understand the users’ behavior better and improve the user’s enrollment.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain production-grade scalable ML pipelines, encompassing data cleaning, transformation, feature construction, model training, tuning, evaluation, serving, and monitoring dashboards.
- Utilize Python, SQL, Spark, TensorFlow, and NLP to write clean, reusable, and robust code for data engineering and machine learning pipelines. This includes data transformation, feature engineering, unsupervised, supervised, and reinforcement learning.
- Conduct large-scale statistical A/B testing to assess the performance of machine learning and statistical models in marketing applications, driving a substantial volume of users to Teladoc platforms.
- Develop and implement personalization and uplift models to actively engage members with the Teladoc platform.
- Deliver direct, measurable results for the business by enhancing recommendations and search results.
- Establish best practices for model deployment, monitoring, and interpretability.
- Interpret the results of your work for marketing and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to discover and distill requirements of problem definitions, evaluation metrics, product features, and architecture to improve the outcomes using insights and models.
- Solid communication and stakeholder management skills, plus the ability to deliver complex projects on time.
Qualifications Expected for Position
- 4+ years' experience in Machine Learning, Data Science roles in SaaS or consumer companies.
- A master's degree or Ph.D. in computer science, machine learning, information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Self-driven individual with a strong ML theoretical background and passionate about learning new approaches, techniques, and tools.
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistics, recommendation engines, deep learning, and ML algorithms.
- Expertise in applied ML for Causal Inference and Recommendation Systems, including classical and deep learning-based approaches.
- Expertise in cloud ETL and ML pipeline tools like Jenkins, Databricks, and MLflow.
- Strong skillset in writing clean, robust, and reusable Python, Spark, and SQL code. With the ability to write efficient SQL queries for processing large-scale data.
- Familiarity with multi-armed bandit problems will be a plus.
- Familiarity with big data platforms (like Spark and Dask), machine learning frameworks (like Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch), and libraries (like Pandas and Scikit-learn).
- Experience with agile sprint processes to deliver ML work.
- Excellent active listening skills to infer business needs and underlying context.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers and respect for user privacy.
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2024. Total compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information applies to all full-time positions.
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence.
Job Description Acknowledgment
This job description is a general overview of nature and level of work performed by employees with this job designation It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position. Management reserves the right to add, delete, and/or modify any of the job duties or requirements at any time. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above job description. By signing this job description, I understand the duties that are expected of me.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.