Rx Fulfillment Coordinator
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
The RX Fulfillment Coordinator plays an integral part in ensuring superior care of patients treated through Teladoc. The RX Fulfillment Coordinator will apply professional knowledge in processing prescriptions ordered by Teladoc providers (either via telephone or electronically), support Teladoc providers as dictated by established policies and guidelines, and provide member support by phone or electronic messages.
- Deliver exceptional service to members, providers, and pharmacies, representing Teladoc in a professional and courteous manner through a variety of communication channels including incoming and outgoing calls and emails.
- Apply professional knowledge to ensure prescriptions are processed accurately and in a timely manner under supervision of prescriber and supervisor in a call-center environment.
- Provide direct support to Teladoc providers as needed
- Receive escalated calls from patients or providers and de-escalate these calls to a reasonable outcome for all parties.
- Initiate and submit prior-authorization requests on-line to health insurance carriers.
- Manage daily task list to meet department performance metric goals.
- Maintain detailed and accurate case documentation in admin system, including description of issue and resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality of issues and adheres to all applicable regulations, including HIPAA.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Active Pharmacy Technician (National) Certification, Medical Assistant Certification, or Licensed Practical/Vocational nurse license.
- Prior experience in a call center environment preferred
- Minimum 2-year experience as a Pharmacy Tech, Medical Assistant or LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a call center environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Ability to receive work instruction and maintain department productivity standards
- Team player with ability to work in a fast-paced call-center environment while maintaining focus and sense of accuracy
- Knowledge of Healthcare and medical terminology, with a high level of prescription medication familiarity
- Must be able to work independently but recognize when escalation is warranted
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess high degree of computer literacy and ability to manage multiple systems
- Ability to learn new procedures and adapt to changes in working environment
- Able to multitask with regular interruptions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Willing to work outside of established hours when needed
The base salary range for this position is $20.00/hourly. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Benefits 2024. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.