Coordinator, Operations Management, Technical Operations
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
Summary of Position
Under the general direction of Operations Management, the Coordinator, Tech Operations Management will drive key initiatives to improve Client experience, employee experience, and operational efficiency. The Operations Management group accomplishes this by governing the people, process, and tools within the department as well as driving internal initiatives and cross-functional engagement to ensure success at scale.
The Coordinator, Tech Operations Management will participate with management and functional heads to identify, quantify, and enact internal initiatives which will make measurable improvements to Client experience, employee experience, and operational efficiency. This includes representing Technical Operations in cross-departmental initiatives and corporate objectives.
This role will drive standardized documentation, tools, education, reporting, change management, and communication within the department including end-to-end process and handoff definition for cross-functional procedures. This role will be expected to both lead and contribute to internal initiatives that will increase department and company profitability and also ensure there is a centralized communication hub for all Technical Operations initiatives, with Operations Support team members reporting out progress and results.
The candidate best suited for this role reinforces values and commitment to the company vision and mission, setting the example of leadership for direct and indirect reports while they create a high-performance climate. The Coordinator, Tech Operations Management acts with integrity and influences others with strategic vision and detailed operational knowledge. They will actively take initiative to create and implement improvements to ensure the success of the organization, championing corporate goals alongside many interdepartmental teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish processes (SOPs) to ensure overarching governance of people, process, and tools
- Drive standardized documentation, tools, education, reporting, change management, quality assurance, and communication within the department
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Technical Operations
- Document end-to-end process and handoff definition for cross-functional procedures
- Internal Initiatives and Project Management
- Identify, scope, and prioritize key process improvements and internal initiatives with measurable improvements to Client experience, employee experience, and operational effectiveness
- Oversee and contribute to the planning, execution, and coordination of multiple initiatives to achieve identified business objectives.
- Cross-functional communication, representation, and change mgmt
- Facilitate end to end change management (i.e. EOL or if product wants to makes a change, ensure downstream teams and clients are prepared)
- Represent Technical Operations people, process, and tools in cross-departmental initiatives and corporate objectives
- Take initiative to create and implement improvements to ensure the success of the organization, championing corporate goals alongside many interdepartmental teams
- Gather and operationalize Internal / External Feedback
- Attend to all audit and compliance efforts representing for Technical Operations
- Provide insight and feedback on system and program improvements
- Motivate team nurturing and individual development through clear objective setting, providing regular feedback on performance
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business code of ethics
The time spent on each responsibility reflects an estimate and is subject to change dependent on business needs.
Qualifications Expected for Position
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills. Proactively prioritize work with minimal direction, and effectively manage resources to meet objectives and deadlines
- Establish and maintain relationships. Build trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and relevant workflows
- Skills in multi-tasking, problem resolution, planning and expediting workflow
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong technical skills/ability to communicate effectively with the product development team and business stakeholders
- Program Management experience (PMI certification a plus)
- Agile Development experience (Workfront, Confluence, and JIRA experience a plus)
- Excellent change management skills (Lean Six Sigma training and certification a plus)
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and graphical presentation of data
- 1-3 years of Management experience, preferred
- BS/BA Required. MBA, Computer Science, or Engineering degree a strong plus
The above qualifications, knowledge, experience, and/or background are expected but not required for this role.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.