Sr. Manager, IT Audit
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
Teladoc’s Internal Audit function provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Teladoc’s operations. The Sr. Manager, IT Audit assists the Sr. Director, IT Audit in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of IT controls, IT risk management, and IT governance processes. Further, the role will assist and lead internal audit projects with a focus on the examination and analysis of processes, risks and internal controls related to financial, operations, compliance, strategic, and other aspects of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of audit methodologies and contribute to strategic initiatives to support the goals of the Internal Audit & ERM function.
- Participate as needed in the company’s ERM plan to develop and manage the non-IT audit universe and risk-based internal audit plan.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, tactically lead a designated portion of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessment of entity level, IT general control (ITGC) and IT application controls (ITAC) with direct responsibility for process walkthroughs and testing inclusive of directly performing assessment activities for high risk and/or complex areas.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, tactically lead a designated portfolio of IT and/or integrated Internal Audit activities as defined in the Internal Audit plan inclusive of directly performing audit activities for high risk and/or complex areas.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, tactically lead a designated portfolio of IT and/or integrated embedded consulting activities as outlined in the Internal Audit plan inclusive of directly performing consulting activities for high risk and/or complex areas.
- Interact with process and control owners, Internal Audit team members, and the company’s external audit personnel, as appropriate, throughout the audit process.
- Ensure high quality internal audit workpapers and reports that accurately reflect the work performed, and actively monitor audit and SOX issues to ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Identify and further promote efficiencies using data analytics.
- Support the development and roll out of department metrics and issue reporting.
- Work to continually drive enhancements and efficiencies in the usage of the department’s GRC tool, AuditBoard.
- Keep up to date on business activities, technological trends, and emerging risks, and information significant to the profession and industry.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with designated stakeholders as outlined in the Internal Audit relationship matrix.
- Promote internal audit, risk, and controls awareness throughout the organization.
- Participate in M&A activities (due diligence), special projects and investigations as needed.
- Manage, coach and develop Senior and Staff Internal Audit team members
Qualifications Expected for Position
Eight + years of progressive Internal Audit leadership experience in a complex technology environment (Experience within IT Operations and/or IT Leadership roles within Infrastructure, Security, Application development considered a plus)
Advanced knowledge of technology controls including application security management [e.g. user entitlements, authentication, accountability, data protection], system architecture and design [e.g. availability, performance, scalability, data integrity and validation], technology operations [e.g. change and release management, data backup and retention, performance and capacity management], and technology governance [e.g. technology risk management, cyber security rules and regulations.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Direct knowledge & experience with industry-leading technologies and products supporting Cloud/DevOps, information security, data privacy, risk management, and IT compliance.
- Strong understanding of application development, databases, operating systems, networking, and other key technology infrastructure components
- Advanced knowledge of technology controls including application security management [e.g. user entitlements, authentication, accountability, data protection], system architecture and design [e.g. availability, performance, scalability, data integrity and validation], technology operations [e.g. change and release management, data backup and retention, performance and capacity management], and technology governance [e.g. technology risk management, cyber security rules and regulations
- Capacity to manage and/or perform multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning & management.
The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $160,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, RSU’s, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2023. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.